Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, no drop gear and bagging was the norm...
Old 01-21-2021, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shield ac is not affected by hard cap either iirc.
Always thought that shields in EQ should grant a raw block-% against all melee attacks. Would make them way more impactful
Old 01-21-2021, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you are EXP grinding you wear gear you don't mind losing. My ranger wore full banded with random junk thrown in that I got for free equivalent to zero value.

If a naked PK killed me, I would come back and kill him because he would be recovering mana (always a wizard) and I was a ranger and could track him to his medding / gate spot.

If a geared at all PK killed me I would try to stalk him and kill him myself or with a pal, or even have a pal bait him by getting low HP to a mob or sit around low HP to see if the guy will come in for the kill at which point I could step in to try to kill the killer and hope to get some loot which had a good chance of being better than the banded boots he took from me.

I could ramble on, but the point is that you will stop what you are doing and hunt down a twink PK because they are certainly worth killing more than the next ghoul in unrest.

On red99 when there was players, all twink PK's did was grief infinitely, they seemed to treat it like a day job to just come through and wipe zones of EXP groups and then log an alt for a while till it settled back down. It was probably just a coin pharming operation for these guys. Very unclassic. No one ever really bothered to try to kill em just left for a while also then came back and tried to get some leveling done.

Thats why a server needs to be item loot, or have no PVP level limit which would allow any high level to kill any low level which would totally negate the point of a twink PK.
I tried Red and quit in high-30s. Nothing like deleveled to 30 twinks wearing multiple pieces of NTOV gear and a fungi killing lowbies with zero recourse.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. There should be level requirements for dragon loot on PVP servers, no questions especially ones that are so dead that lowbies get this stuff.

But then also, if I saw a low level twink right now I would be happy, cuz they're hard to come by. I haven't seen one since holocaust was still a guild
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread