Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-21-2016, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah you'll need to start over :/

Unless you know which files you changed - you can just copy them out and back in again
Old 03-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Love this UI. Have my lizard babies, Cucumbers.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, this is probably the issue Crookstinger ran into (and now it makes sense why his % was in the health bar).
Yep that was exactly it. I still slightly prefer the number to ride the bar rather than sit under it, but that is splitting hairs.

This UI is fantastic beyond measure, and I'm proud to tears to have made even the tiniest contribution. I never used a custom ui back in my days playing on live (& Test!) but I stuck my toe in the water on P99 with Duxa, then a few weeks later tried qqui and I cannot fathom ever going back. I am looking forward to updating mine tonight, especially to test out that snazzy looking new spellbook. The old spellbook will hold a special place in my heart, but it is damn clunky and I'm glad it's had the treatment. Little is better, or at least that's what my wife assures me.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Sarnak

OK I have loaded it up and I really dig the new spellbook. Sure, it is a tad sterile compared to the old one, but I can live with that for the savings in space and transparency.

But, please tell me the storyline window wasn't one of the items that got nuked! I cannot get mine to open and given that I write custom storyline files to store all kinds of useful information (like spell info, research drop info, handy zone locs, vendor loot values, etc) for easy referral, I am constantly using my storyline window. If it did get nuked, is it possible to walk me through how to un-nuke it? The rest of the crap (friends window etc) I can live without, but I rely heavily on the storyline window to be able to stay informed without leaving the interface and it's gonna be tough to let that one go!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Do you still have your old skin folder? Could just copy the file back over

if not, could just grab phobus UI and grab the story window from there - that is the base skin of this so it should be the same

but yes, it was a casualty

:3
Old 03-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I made a backup of 2 of my 3 old UI folders. I was so excited to check it out I forgot to make a backup of the first one I copied over, DOH. And heck yeah, it works now! Thanks again Cucumbers, I got my teddy bear back! I was looking for some kind of global file that controlled these windows, I didn't realize it was "turned off" from within the individual XML file itself.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:52 PM
Kobold

Downloaded the only thing I dont have is the horzontial action bars how do I get it?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:53 PM
Kobold

I really like the spell book btw before my spellbook was completey outta order
Old 03-22-2016, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman703 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Downloaded the only thing I dont have is the horzontial action bars how do I get it?
You need to go into options (alt+o) and go to keys, then ui on the drop down. Find the toggle hotbar 3 and 4 option and assign a key to it. Open each one then remove the hot key.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 AM
Fire Giant

To the top where this deserves to be!