Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Default Which Languages does the game actually use outside of players?

I decided I want to master one language with training points, to teach it to a bunch of players someday soon. I was going to pick a non PC language like Faerie, but then thought - is there any language NPCs use that you know of? I might do that instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am updating the Wiki with any special findings on the system. One question I had that I tested out was, if I learn a language to 1-2 points at the trainer, and try to speak it, do people who have it mastered know im trying to speak it, or does it become not "unknown tongue" after a certain skill level. The reverse as well.

Turns out, they know im trying to speak it, but it is still unknown to me until a certain skill level. I intend to find out what skill that is.

Anyway, once I get 100 in a rare language, ill try to get this whole server speaking faerie or something lol.

Any language experimenters here?
Old 02-23-2020, 11:58 PM
Banned

I don't know the answer to your question.

That said, Tiffany in game - a Erudite 50 Cleric - taught me Erudin and apppeared to know the ins and outs of language skillups on p99.

I think I have seen a Druid named Tifany also I think is same person - but have not confirmed.

So seek out this language mastery individual - Tiffany - and you will find your answer.

Anyhow good luck on your language sharing adventure.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know the answer to your question.

That said, Tiffany in game - a Erudite 50 Cleric - taught me Erudin and apppeared to know the ins and outs of language skillups on p99.

I think I have seen a Druid named Tifany also I think is same person - but have not confirmed.

So seek out this language mastery individual - Tiffany - and you will find your answer.

Anyhow good luck on your language sharing adventure.
There is only one true Tiffany, all others are imposters !
Old 02-24-2020, 12:57 AM
Banned

You would think the Dragons in Skyshrine/TOV would speak Elder Dragon.. like part of the quest to get Kael, Dwarf or Dragon armor would be learning their language to talk to them.

Streamline
Old 02-24-2020, 04:38 AM
Sarnak

I don't think you need to master the language with training points. You can train your skill 1 point higher than the one teaching you has. So you can raise it to max with two people.
Have you checked out the wiki on this?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Languages
Old 02-24-2020, 04:41 AM
Sarnak

Would be kind of cool if <Dark Men of Odus> spoke Old Erudian. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2020, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you need to master the language with training points. You can train your skill 1 point higher than the one teaching you has. So you can raise it to max with two people.
Have you checked out the wiki on this?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Languages
Yes. That seems awful to zone 100 times
Old 02-24-2020, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be kind of cool if <Dark Men of Odus> spoke Old Erudian. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we do !
Old 02-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

There are some books/scrolls that appear as gibberish unless your language skill in Orc or Gnoll is high enough. There are probably others that I'm forgetting/not familiar with.

-Mcoy
Old 02-24-2020, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are some books/scrolls that appear as gibberish unless your language skill in Orc or Gnoll is high enough. There are probably others that I'm forgetting/not familiar with.

-Mcoy
I was sad to find the Tesch Val scrolls were readable.

I played almost exclusively on Firiona Vie servers for both EQ and EQ2. Never realized that languages were NOT so important until P99.
Closed Thread