Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Question Weapon Swing Timer, Classic?

I was looking at another classic eq site and noticed a couple lines...
Does anyone know anything about this? Or can anyone remember classic live?

Quote:
Fix: Only NPCs and hybrid PC classes are awarded with reserved melee attacks during channeling; casters and priests will now need to time their spells between melee attacks
Fix: Attack timers are now fully reset when swapping weapons
This would be a big change for casters/priests that currently, on p99 they automatically swing their weapon after a cast, so long as the cast time is greater than the swing delay.

The 2nd line would affect classes that weapon swap. For example this would kill that monk weapon swap dps meta. Was that even classic?

Anyone know anything about this stuff?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:57 PM
Orc

After playing necro and a hybrid I can say that it mostly works in the way you posted, there seems to be a few things that mess up the swings on the hybrid even when casting, I believe it’s when a cast takes longer than the melee swing timer or if it’s a pc target spell such as a buff or heal etc bc you drop your attack target to do so. Haven’t tested it thoroughly but pretty sure that’s what I recall seeing/tracking. As for melee as a caster, not tons of ppl play in that play style so it shouldn’t affect many, but I could see some complain about it in the future maybe. Often on my necro I would root and dot to start a fight so I doubt it would change much for the now spreading idea of bone knight. Reason being; when hit with melee attacks while long casting you risk getting interrupted stunned or fizzle/fail to cast anyways so... casters playing as casters is meta for a reason over focusing on their melee play.

As for weap timer reset I do believe it is fully reset on a weap swap, this doesn’t seem to be an issue to me at all as I don’t often swap in combat. If there’s some example your specifically thinking of maybe share it so I could try it to see?
Last edited by Tiger_King; 10-30-2020 at 12:06 AM..
Old 10-30-2020, 04:26 AM
Banned

What is meant by 'reserved melee attack' and why are you assuming it means there won't be an auto-attack to start the new melee swing timer after a cast?
Old 10-30-2020, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

They already trying to nerf bones knights!!! -wildpanic!!!-

But also... it doesn't really make a big difference. Especially since if you really cared much, you could just stop attacking while casting... which would reset your attack to attack when the spell lands anyhow.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Correct Baler, this seems to be unclassic here. I bugged this in the Green bug forums. Weapon swing timer originally didn't reset for anyone, then it was changed to reset for hybrids only.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Here's the main bug thread which I just bumped and linked mine too:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=334518
Old 10-30-2020, 04:38 PM
Banned

So I just toggle auto-attack off before a cast and then toggle back on after?

Good thing you guys are hunting down these bugs.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Your swing timer is still reset even if you have autoattack off, so no that ain't gonna work.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your swing timer is still reset even if you have autoattack off, so no that ain't gonna work.
Maybe from weapon swapping? Weapon swapping was definitely not a big thing back then.

Toggling attack off, casting spell, then toggling attack back on was very much the standard way of bypassing the spellcast reset in-era. You could also cast a quick spell between weapon swings and it wouldn't slow attack rate provided the spell finished before the weapon delay was up.

Danth
Old 10-31-2020, 06:53 PM
Aviak

Ya toggling worked and would almost always do it on my SK for fear kiting.
Closed Thread