Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

There was no mouse scroll 3rd person view back then. Most people played almost all the time in first person view, and everything indeed looks so much larger then.

Can't remember for sure now, but I'm not even sure mice had that 3rd scroller button yet in 1999 =)
Old 09-26-2019, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

There was no mouse scroll 3rd person view, but there sure as shit was F9 to switch to different camera angles, including a third person angle.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's too stupid.

I'm allowing for a reasonable degree of stupid, but not that stupid.
OP played a Gnome on live and a Ogre on p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not so stupid now EH??? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was no mouse scroll 3rd person view, but there sure as shit was F9 to switch to different camera angles, including a third person angle.
Yes but the F9 modes didn't include the mouse scroll mode we have here. The F9 modes weren't as practical and most people only used them occasionally to check something out around a corner etc.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP played a Gnome on live and a Ogre on p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not so stupid now EH??? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never played a Gnome on any version of EverQuest, and while I have made Ogres, never on p99.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes but the F9 modes didn't include the mouse scroll mode we have here. The F9 modes weren't as practical and most people only used them occasionally to check something out around a corner etc.
Yes?
Old 09-26-2019, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I've never played a Gnome on any version of EverQuest, and while I have made Ogres, never on p99.
Yeah but have you ever chortled at a joke before, stranger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-26-2019, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was 13 when I started playing about a month before Kunark dropped. I played a ranger until planes of power and genuinely had no idea what I was doing. I thought I was this crazy powerful nature warrior. In reality I was an undergeared and incompetent player. I did a lot of soloing because I didn’t understand group dynamics and mostly just got yelled at.

Anyway, you were just 12 and I think mistaken about the height of a pixel lizard.
I feel like you captured my early EQ career perfectly.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

My inner child will not be denied.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

In it to win it.
Closed Thread