Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Hmm, I'm not sure if that holds up to nilbog's rigorous standard, but it works for me. I still say keep it in tho.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

imo /hidecorpse looted is game breaking and should be removed
Old 12-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

As seen at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2000-2.html

------------------------------
July 19, 2000 7:00 am
-----------------------------

*Hiding Corpses*

A new command has been implemented in the EverQuest client. This
command (/hidecorpses) allows players to suppress the display of player
and NPC corpses on the screen. This can be very useful once you've
entered a zone with a large number of corpes, causing framerate to
decay. It will be particularly useful in the planes. The command
supports the following arguments:

- ALL: Hides all corpses except yours.
- ALLBUTGROUP: Hides all corpses except yours and those of people in
your group.
- NONE: No longer hides corpses.

For community reasons, this option must be set after entering each
zone, and will not affect corpses made after you enter the zone. You
can reset it while in the zone in order to suppress display of corpses
made since you originally set it.

Seems classic to me. Seeing as velious wasn't released till later that year. (After this patch went in to effect).

Edit: I will concede that there is no /looted option though.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine doing sky and not being able to hide the corpses

Oh god
Old 12-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Kobold

/gems -- not classic
Old 12-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Bard AoEs only affecting 25 mobs - not classic.

You can take my /hideco looted when you give me back my absurd swarms.

Leave it in.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard AoEs only affecting 25 mobs - not classic.

You can take my /hideco looted when you give me back my absurd swarms.

Leave it in.
boo, nerf aoe kiting more. make swarm (charm) kiting work like it did on live.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

I dont really care about the swarm kiting nerf in all honesty, it's still plenty doable with the 25 limit but I hate swarming myself. The point I was trying to make is that "not classic" becomes less and less of a valid argument every day around here.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Ooooo I love these threads. Here are some other classic things from my memory that could use changing.

Other things that need to be removed from the client/UI:
  • Ability to scroll wheel from 1st to 3rd person. 3rd person views should be obtainable through F9.
  • Ability to cycle through PC or NPC targets with a single hotkey.
  • Ability to have more than 1 chat box.
  • Ability to have more than 1 hot button bar.
  • Ability to see your mana value in your interface anywhere. Only the mana bar should be viewable, no values.
  • Ability to /hidecorpses looted.
  • Ability to pull up a Combat Abilities window with your disciplines.

Other things content wise that could use fixing:
  • PBAEs should hit an unlimited number of targets, if the goal was to simulate poor connections, 25 was set far too low, 50-75 is a lot more reasonable.
  • Epic quests should not have level requirements to turn in or wield, the check against level was a Velious addition and only utilized in the Plane of Growth quests.
  • Mobs in Kunark and Velious zones should forget their target and return home if the distance between themselves and their target is too large. This distance is variable by zone.
  • No mobs should been immune to a specific type of debuff, they should only have such high MR values that they become immune to these debuffs as a result of their high resistance.
  • Velious dragons should be using a 0 MR check fear rather than their current -150 MR check fear.
  • VP Dragon AEs should not have a -150 MR/FR/DR check until post-Luclin when resists raise to 500.
  • NPC procs like Zlandicar's Stun Breath should be only hitting their target, not AEs.
  • Sontalak should not proc his AE Lava Breath, it should be on a fixed 12 second timer. Char is the only effect that he should proc.
  • No roaming flurry drakes should exist in the Triplets or Doubles hallway in NToV.
  • Players should not be able to bind in any indoor Kunark or Velious dungeon unless the dungeon is also flagged as a city (City of Mist, Kael, Skyshrine, Thurgadin).
  • Wizards should not be able to cast TL on themselves and Group TL shouldn't give them a box.
  • Monks when standing from FD with Sneak should not be guaranteed a memblur if the sneak is successful and the mobs have their backs to you.
  • Sneak should break when you activate an attack, whether that be auto attack or a ranged attack. Sneak pull should only work when you hit sneak while a projectile is in the air.
  • Call of the Hero should no longer work on self and should require at least 100' between the target and the mags to remove the target from hatelists.

It would be such a classic immersion server if all of these could go in.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooooo I love these threads. Here are some other classic things from my memory that could use changing.

Other things that need to be removed from the client/UI:
  • Ability to scroll wheel from 1st to 3rd person. 3rd person views should be obtainable through F9.
  • Ability to cycle through PC or NPC targets with a single hotkey.
  • Ability to have more than 1 chat box.
  • Ability to have more than 1 hot button bar.
  • Ability to see your mana value in your interface anywhere. Only the mana bar should be viewable, no values.
  • Ability to /hidecorpses looted.
  • Ability to pull up a Combat Abilities window with your disciplines.

Other things content wise that could use fixing:
  • PBAEs should hit an unlimited number of targets, if the goal was to simulate poor connections, 25 was set far too low, 50-75 is a lot more reasonable.
  • Epic quests should not have level requirements to turn in or wield, the check against level was a Velious addition and only utilized in the Plane of Growth quests.
  • Mobs in Kunark and Velious zones should forget their target and return home if the distance between themselves and their target is too large. This distance is variable by zone.
  • No mobs should been immune to a specific type of debuff, they should only have such high MR values that they become immune to these debuffs as a result of their high resistance.
  • Velious dragons should be using a 0 MR check fear rather than their current -150 MR check fear.
  • VP Dragon AEs should not have a -150 MR/FR/DR check until post-Luclin when resists raise to 500.
  • NPC procs like Zlandicar's Stun Breath should be only hitting their target, not AEs.
  • Sontalak should not proc his AE Lava Breath, it should be on a fixed 12 second timer. Char is the only effect that he should proc.
  • No roaming flurry drakes should exist in the Triplets or Doubles hallway in NToV.
  • Players should not be able to bind in any indoor Kunark or Velious dungeon unless the dungeon is also flagged as a city (City of Mist, Kael, Skyshrine, Thurgadin).
  • Wizards should not be able to cast TL on themselves and Group TL shouldn't give them a box.
  • Monks when standing from FD with Sneak should not be guaranteed a memblur if the sneak is successful and the mobs have their backs to you.
  • Sneak should break when you activate an attack, whether that be auto attack or a ranged attack. Sneak pull should only work when you hit sneak while a projectile is in the air.
  • Call of the Hero should no longer work on self and should require at least 100' between the target and the mags to remove the target from hatelists.

It would be such a classic immersion server if all of these could go in.
+1000 classic points
Closed Thread