Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Ring Warz are rotated on Teal.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine doing specifically what Rogean and Galach said not to in POG 2 days after reclarifying it and thinking you wont get raid banned for it because you tried to offer a 2x concession when the precedent is already set from the ST model deletion that it's a 6 week personal suspension for every person involved in doing it.
I haven't been playing p99 much at all. By happenstance, I was at this raid AND in discord. Furthermore, I was at this raid on my 49 warrior that was non KoS because I couldn't get one of my 60s there in time, so I was in a unique position to actually watch the train from the sidelines.

In discord, there was confusion as to why the train wasn't behaving like they thought it should. After Tunare was already dead. Everything I could hear from Discord was that the raid leaders were trying to pull the encounter off within the rules.

And when they reviewed the fraps, they realized it was fucked up, and so they manned up and conceded two.

The fuck are you guys complaining about? There's a good chance nobody would have known the difference if they didn't concede. Are you implying that Vanquish would rather shave a few hours off the encounter rather than be able to compete for the next two? Of course not, that's retarded.

God forbid a guild try to theorycraft and execute strategies for raid encounters.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't been playing p99 much at all. By happenstance, I was at this raid AND in discord. Furthermore, I was at this raid on my 49 warrior that was non KoS because I couldn't get one of my 60s there in time, so I was in a unique position to actually watch the train from the sidelines.

In discord, there was confusion as to why the train wasn't behaving like they thought it should. After Tunare was already dead. Everything I could hear from Discord was that the raid leaders were trying to pull the encounter off within the rules.

And when they reviewed the fraps, they realized it was fucked up, and so they manned up and conceded two.

The fuck are you guys complaining about? There's a good chance nobody would have known the difference if they didn't concede. Are you implying that Vanquish would rather shave a few hours off the encounter rather than be able to compete for the next two? Of course not, that's retarded.

God forbid a guild try to theorycraft and execute strategies for raid encounters.
You're an even bigger idiot than I thought you were if you don't think that tuna kill went exactly according to plan. You all had eyes on the train the entire time and could've dropped tuna 30 seconds into the fight when it was crystal clear the call wasn't working.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you for this unbiased and expert report. Case closed. Nothing more to discuss.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ones they've been told specifically not to do by breaking the call? Since some of you are probably repeat offenders, I'd speculate possible flat out permaban too.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=295649

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=356707
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 05-06-2021, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're an even bigger idiot than I thought you were if you don't think that tuna kill went exactly according to plan. You all had eyes on the train the entire time and could've dropped tuna 30 seconds into the fight when it was crystal clear the call wasn't working.
Yeah I don't know how I even dress myself in the morning.

If you're implying they broke the rules knowingly, I disagree. I was in discord. I heard how the encounter went. They dropped the train. They started DPS. Mobs ran from the corner they dropped it at towards Tunare. It looked good.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

It's a tough time of year.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ones they've been told specifically not to do by breaking the call? Since some of you are probably repeat offenders, I'd speculate possible flat out permaban too.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=295649

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=356707
Okay

You quote a post from Rogean from 2018. When Aftermath theorycrafted a strategy to kill Tunare without killing the trash. Tunare was not calling the kite. So after we killed Tunare with this strategy, we specifically sent the fraps to Rogean+Gm's to clarify if it's allowed. Rogean said no, and also followed up with that we would not be suspended because we tried this strategy once and immediately brought it to the GM's attention for oversight.

(News flash, the strategy we used for that encounter IS NOT the strategy that AG/Freedom/Vanquish has used since, as the call WORKS when we drop the train, it's a DPS race)

And then you link a blanket suspension, which saw players suspended from pretty much every guild who raided... for SLEEPERS TOMB MOBS
(Why the fuck did you link that, legit has nothing to do with this)
Old 05-06-2021, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Okay

You quote a post from Rogean from 2018. When Aftermath theorycrafted a strategy to kill Tunare without killing the trash. Tunare was not calling the kite. So after we killed Tunare with this strategy, we specifically sent the fraps to Rogean+Gm's to clarify if it's allowed. Rogean said no, and also followed up with that we would not be suspended because we tried this strategy once and immediately brought it to the GM's attention for oversight.

(News flash, the strategy we used for that encounter IS NOT the strategy that AG/Freedom/Vanquish has used since, as the call WORKS when we drop the train, it's a DPS race)

And then you link a blanket suspension, which saw players suspended from pretty much every guild who raided... for SLEEPERS TOMB MOBS
Except it does have relevance and many people in Vanquish would be repeat offenders of ST Gate and (in my opinion) warrant a harsher punishment. The precedent is set for people breaking mechanics like this. Clearly the call doesn't work when you do your strategy and you know you're busted, so you are trying to do whatever you can to weasel out of a punishment far more severe you know is coming because news flash, it was recorded by people other than you.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 05-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Okay

You know why your raid leaders couldnt tell?

Because theyve been using this exploit for over 7 months now, and the only saving grace has been the fact that Menden was waiting on a reply from Rogean who is MIA and never had a chance to get back to him.

Thus Galach did his best to step in and make sure the fuckery is toned down.

Then when you realized you couldnt zerg it again, and your timer was almost up, you reverted back to what you know, which is: Well, we all saw it.

So good luck.

This is what happens when you guys are pieces of cow dung to the entire server, you get 0 benefit of the doubt, with the community anyways.

Remember your guild leader repeatedly, REPEATEDLY also told Menden he was not 2 boxing on Loststalker to train us at 4am on KOI.

Maury: "The results are in, we still dont believe Vanquish!"

Ding ding, that is the sound of precedent.
Closed Thread