Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Aviak

Just out of curiosity, how many (rough estimate) people were suffering from the no reward bug (by using formally complete), and how far are people with addressing those?
Old 11-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Large Bat

Had a good time last night, despite a few hiccups, it was fun holiday gameplay. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarskin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just out of curiosity, how many (rough estimate) people were suffering from the no reward bug (by using formally complete), and how far are people with addressing those?
Maybe a dozen?

It wasn't *that* many. Soon as I saw the log line happen the first time, I checked the code and was like "awwwww fuck.."

Live and learn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Orc

Had a fantastic time. Debated with myself on doing all 16 because I was feeling lazy but the fervor of everyone was contagious and ended up finishing with a couple minutes to spare on the tier 5 loot. Everyone I came across seemed to be having a blast too (except the guy in KC getting mad about people training when they were trying to get to the quest npc).

I think the staff did a great job on this, really looking forward to other events!

P.S. I was jealous of those that got werewolf illusion at first but now I feel SUPER lucky that I didn't. haha
Old 11-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe a dozen?

It wasn't *that* many. Soon as I saw the log line happen the first time, I checked the code and was like "awwwww fuck.."

Live and learn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, I know the moment when you look at your own code and notice there was an extra 'option' that you didn't expect. At least, I can say that I was one of the special ones :P
Old 11-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Large Bat

Pros
Loved the event, the concept, the fun rushing around and seeing everyone. it was different, engaging, encouraged teamwork

Cons:
Downsizing tier 5 stuff in the midst of so many people working on it. especially when you spend like 45 mins waiting on a boat . Especially without a heads up with that expectation in the forum (at least I didn't see anything beyond the halloween announcement)

Players shouldn't have to feel they are having something potentially taken away from them in the middle of doing something where they are hoping for a chance to get xyz loot. It felt like you guys regretted the idea of giving such good loot and renigged, and that puts a damper on the fun and spirit

If you decide that it should be from design, not mid event.

thanks!
Old 11-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisstie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pros
Loved the event, the concept, the fun rushing around and seeing everyone. it was different, engaging, encouraged teamwork

Cons:
Downsizing tier 5 stuff in the midst of so many people working on it. especially when you spend like 45 mins waiting on a boat . Especially without a heads up with that expectation in the forum (at least I didn't see anything beyond the halloween announcement)

Players shouldn't have to feel they are having something potentially taken away from them in the middle of doing something where they are hoping for a chance to get xyz loot. It felt like you guys regretted the idea of giving such good loot and renigged, and that puts a damper on the fun and spirit

If you decide that it should be from design, not mid event.

thanks!
Thanks for the feedback. Was less regretting giving more loot and more we wanted to more or less reward those that figured it out early. Those last 4 NPCs were meant to be somewhat challenging to figure out. There was some debate on if we even notify people at all about the change. I opted to give the warning for anyone super close to 16.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just a quick thanks for this event - while I was too late to make the scavenger hunt, the bosses were fun fights.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Those were some truly epic battles last night - thanks for the event.

plus, dat killshot on the first dude.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 11-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Here's some feedback from a devoted P1999 late night player:

My wife and I spent the evening giving out Halloween candy to our neighborhood kids. After it was all over, we had supper and watched some TV shows. Eventually, I logged on at 12 midnight Pacific time as I do each night. Within a few minutes we all got a server wide message that the event would be over in 60 minutes.

To be honest, I felt cheated and angry. People in my guild were bragging about getting all kinds of sweet loot during the event. Sadly, I had 60 minutes left to complete the entire event from scratch. A guildie told me it would take at least 3 hours to make it to all the locations without ports, so I didn't even bother trying.

Question:

Why would you put such an arbitrarily short time limit on an event that essentially excludes people who live in non Eastern time zones?

People who play P1999 who live in the Pacific time zones and Oceanic time zones like Hawaii, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia were also unfairly penalized.

Holiday events in other MMORPGs last for days and sometimes weeks. For example, Hallow's End in WoW goes from October 18 to November 1 each year. This gives players who are not hardcore and have a life outside of their MMO, a decent chance to participate and complete the quests. The P1999 Halloween event could have run for at least a full 24 hours if not longer.

I noticed the Halloween event forum post that was made on Sunday Oct 30 stating that the event would begin at 8 PM Eastern time (5 PM Pacific time). Not everyone has the time to read the forums everyday. It would have been nice to have news of this event in the MOTD.

I just do not understand why you make the event last for only 9 hours. What was the thinking behind this decision?

We all appreciate the hard work that the admins and the guides do for the P1999 community. In the future could you please consider extending the time for events for players who don't happen to play during prime time in the Eastern time zone?

Thank you for your consideration [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Brontus; 11-01-2016 at 04:52 PM..
Closed Thread