Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-28-2020, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 bags is 40,000 damage not accounting for misses. You can do this all day long with no mana and your guildies can carry extra stacks of arrows or even fletching supplies for you. I think the mechanic sounds like great fun. I wish it didn't favor big races only because this dumb game favors them at every possible turn from Slam to Throwing boulders and now broken bow and arrow mechanic.

There is no possible argument to leave this in the game since it is fully unclassic and not intended, but I do think it sounds awesome.

QUESTION: For Weak ass Paladins and SK's with this broken mechanic are they putting down as much arrow damage as Warriors and Rogues using same techniques? I don't know how archery works here, does the 75 skill cap impact misses? Like a warrior misses less than a paladin or does it effect damage, therefore warriors and rogues have no advantage in bow and arrow right now?
Paladins cant use a weighted axe.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, yeah. So how do SK's stack up against the warriors and rogues with this + their low skill?

How about a paladin with an earthshaker, what is minimum hit in that situation?
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-28-2020 at 06:03 PM..
Old 12-28-2020, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

Damage bonus is calculable based on delay and is applies as a flat increase in damage

At player level 60
Weighted Axe = 110 (bis large war/sk)
Gromlok's Basher = 66 (bis non-large war/sk)
Earthshaker = 56 (bis pal/rng)
OT Hammer = 42 (rog)
Old 12-28-2020, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for taking the time Tigerstyle, really appreciate that.

I finally understand the problem. There is a damage bonus that applies based on weapon delay, which was intentional (sort of) but it is applying to all player melee attacks including bows?

Does it have a positive impact on kick too?

Just wondering to bolster my own knowledge of the game mechanics.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damage bonus is calculable based on delay and is applies as a flat increase in damage

At player level 60
OT Hammer = 42 (rog)
But what about ranger double damage against nonrooted? and trueshot?
Old 12-29-2020, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But what about ranger double damage against nonrooted? and trueshot?
Yes rangers getting a big dmg bonus to ranged weapons will do more damage. I hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Damage bonus does not factor into multipliers the same way as regular damage. That's why its a "bonus" or "flat".

The best way to see this in effect is when a warrior Critical Hits. The crit will say 55 DMG, but the actual hit is 63 DMG. The bonus dmg was applied after and not reflected in the global message.
Last edited by Tigerstyle Wutangfist; 12-29-2020 at 11:56 AM..
Old 01-29-2021, 12:16 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At player level 60
OT Hammer = 42 (rog)

You forgot Mroon's toy
2hb
20-70 delay
war shd shm
bar dwf trl ogr iks

according to wiki its a rare drop of named cyclops in S. karana, but it drops everytime in my experience
Old 02-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

It looks like the mroon's toy is the best for Iksars (all) and Dwarf Warriors

Thanks for completing the list of best items to use with bowhax.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Ok I just want to put this in perspective:

1. There are 4 items that break bow damage; they are:
Weighted Axe only usable by Warriors & Shadow Knights and Ogres & Trolls
Gromlok's Basher but it is only an 85 delay compared to the 150 delay on the Weighted Axe, can only be used by Warriors & Shadow Knights; most if not all races
Mroon's Toy which is only a 70 delay compared to the 85 delay on the Gromlok's Basher, can only be used... by again Warriors & Shadows (shamans can't use a bow so they are out); but it allows dwarf and Barbarian warriors to wield it.
Earthshaker which is a 70 delay but has the perk that it can finally be used by a ranger and palladin ... AND all races can use it... Sadly the last one sold was on January 3rd of 2020 (according to the wiki) and it isn't exactly too abundant.

2. Fletching and arrows are limited on Warriors, Shadow Knights and Palladins. And unless you pester a mage for summoned arrows all the time you really don't have a means to abuse it in normal setting.

3. Ranger's could use the Earthshaker at a 70 delay and summoned arrow and could bow kite (something already done when soloing) but they will never be as good as they were in Luclin. But then there is the other perspective of this a Ranger gets double attack and arguably could do more damage in melee when well geared. And their bow discipline is on a 45 minute cool down.

I guess you could argue that Shadow Knight & Warrior while being an Ogre & Troll get the most realist damage increase but are limited by arrows or being the tank for the group.

There was a post on this thread stating:
"Sustained 82 Damage Per Second on Trakanon. Seems like good output for an Troll Warrior."
Realistically, This isn't destroying rogue, monk and wizard's damage.

So then that leaves PvP where it is being abused in which it is upsetting some of the population of Red Server.

I am sure the devs will remove the additional damage added by delay to bow and thrown damage

......... but it doesn't look like it is a shutdown the server and patch need.
and removing the Weighted Axe could be a bandaid fix to resolve a lot of the PvP problems.

=-/

Is there something I missed?
Last edited by Botten; 02-02-2021 at 03:09 PM..