Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 02:53 AM
Banned

eat the paste stosseltard
Old 04-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

"Get a couple syringes in ya" my Daddy always used to say if I was acting pissy.
Old 04-18-2023, 01:33 PM
Banned

Saw a full blown potato with green hair, N95 mask and "Yes today Satan" patch on her jean jacket/moo moo, whatever you wanna call it

Somethin' seriously wrong there
Old 04-18-2023, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

yoo vill eat ze bugs, own nothing, and be happy!
Old 04-18-2023, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saw a full blown potato with green hair, N95 mask and "Yes today Satan" patch on her jean jacket/moo moo, whatever you wanna call it

Somethin' seriously wrong there
it's really so simple that most people can't comprehend it, because they expect the answers to be complicated.

here you go:

medical science has advanced to a point that it abolished nature's genetic filters. 100+ years ago, defective humans died in utero or failed to surpass the final filter: life outside the womb.

human life is artificially propped up with treatments, processes, surgeries etc. All of these unfortunate genetic combinations would not have survived to become burdens on society, without man-made medical intervention.

we wonder why things like mental illness are so prevalent in our societies? when you really want to face reality you will realize that these wretched souls are crying to the universe over the fact that they should not have survived infancy. Nature knew it would be a problem for them to grow up, but mankind in it's hubris said "fuck you nature, I know better than you do"

it's that ego, that arrogance of humans which is the source of most of our modern problems.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

reminder:

Old 04-18-2023, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's really so simple that most people can't comprehend it, because they expect the answers to be complicated.

here you go:

medical science has advanced to a point that it abolished nature's genetic filters. 100+ years ago, defective humans died in utero or failed to surpass the final filter: life outside the womb.

human life is artificially propped up with treatments, processes, surgeries etc. All of these unfortunate genetic combinations would not have survived to become burdens on society, without man-made medical intervention.

we wonder why things like mental illness are so prevalent in our societies? when you really want to face reality you will realize that these wretched souls are crying to the universe over the fact that they should not have survived infancy. Nature knew it would be a problem for them to grow up, but mankind in it's hubris said "fuck you nature, I know better than you do"

it's that ego, that arrogance of humans which is the source of most of our modern problems.
Humans are part of nature though, anything we do is inherently natural.

Luckily the naturalistic fallacy warns us that not everything natural is good or ought to be sought after, but unfortunately I don't think they even teach basic philosophy at Cut my cock off university anymore.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

its only natural to want to mutilate your genitals
Old 04-18-2023, 03:33 PM
Banned

I mean it is, by definition. It's also extremely abnormal. Something can be natural and also totally abnormal.

It's very natural that if you start injecting heroin you'll want to do it constantly every day, even if you end up living on the street, until it ultimately kills you and you completely devastate the lives of all the people who cared about you. That will *naturally* happen, but it doesn't mean it's good.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Venerable tradition.

Human being have marked themselves in various ways for millennia. Tribal stuff mostly. Language and dialect are "sound markers" in this sense. Originally, the capacity for language was probably a big dividing line as the various -thals and -mags worked out the bidness.

I mean who the fuck wants to marry someone with the end of their dick chopped off? Etc.This is big stuff, this marking stuff. And since it is all about triggering tribal reactions, you have the wrong teensy mark on your head, bam, they eat your liver and hold a ceremony.

These are olden ways of the most olden sort. We used to be our avatars, or, our avatars used to have to be us.

There is no human nature except what we make it. That's pretty much what anthropology teaches you.

However, for the picky, there are constants.

1. Certain "kinship" rules always exist to the effect that reproductive sex is never a free for all in any known community of human beings. Non-reproductive sex has variability on this issue.
  2. Every known human culture makes the distinction between raw and cooked foodstuffs. Taboos often associated, but are not constant. Some cultures have lots of taboos. Others very few.
  3. Turning your body into a social sign. No known human culture does not create symbols, hygiene rules, scarification rituals, and so forth, that turn your body into a "member of the group."
  4. Given time and the predominance of technological development in our species, there is no upper bound on what people do with these first three rules. Just that they will form them, in some shape.
I'm tempted to add a fifth observation. Tribal cultures are designed on animus, or at least non-admittance, toward outsiders. You want to be Orthodox Jewish? I'm gonna have to see that dick, buddy, no exceptions.

Yeah. You see the problem. Toffler called it "Future Shock," and it actually is just a modern twist on what Emile Durkheim called "anomie."

tl;dr the people who are freaking out now better buckle up.