Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-03-2023, 09:17 AM
Server Guide

Talking April Fool's Event - Bristlebane Mayhem Feedback & Funnies

Hello, suckers! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is the feedback thread for the event. Once again, what went wrong/right? Was it fun? etc etc. I would also love any funny stories, videos, or telling your favorite part of the event.

I don't even know all the shenanigans that went on, but I did hear that Bristlebane himself pulled Lady Mirenilla for some lucky guild. Well, when I say pulled, the dragon was summoned on top of their raid. Great job whomever that was on the kill!

This event wouldn't have happened without the folloowing efforts: Menden, Galach, and Medris spending hours working on the mobs and their getting the loot setup. Abrogio, Stigion, Visceryn, Blistig, those named above, and myself got to have a lot of fun playing the tricksters (and coming up with ideas on the fly), writing dialogue etc. Some unnamed guide spending hours deciding how to shuffle the loot (IT WAS ME).

I believe I can speak for staff when I said we had a blast the day of the event coming up with new and exciting ways to cause mischief for the players.
Last edited by Morgrom; 04-03-2023 at 09:31 AM..
Old 04-03-2023, 09:27 AM
Server Guide

This one was shared with us.. The speaker shares about winning a Guise of the Deceiver!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gjwaGFhO2W4
Old 04-03-2023, 11:02 AM
Aviak

It was a great event; thanks for all of the effort. The giant-halfling Yeli fight with it being summoned and CH twice then banishing our tank to EC was a great touch. I won't forget that one.

With respect to itemization, green scales on wuoshi and earth staff on velk were both clever and intuitive. Vulak robe on Sont was a great surprise- we knew it had to have something good but no one guessed the robe.

Overall, thanks a lot to the staff for the effort. I appreciate it.
Old 04-03-2023, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

I particularly enjoyed Venril Sathir, where the GM's called out for him to flee at 30% life. He teleported back to his room and then popped back and forth between the main room and his spawn room. After recovery, we split the raid so we could handle fighting him in both locations.

Very cool event, enjoyed it a lot.
Old 04-03-2023, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Very cool event overall, it was neat to see the loot mixed across the raid mobs and getting some baller drops. Always good to see the server come together for some fun unity kills (even when red wurms wipe the raid multiple times lol).
Old 04-03-2023, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

the saturday quakes in general always turn into aids for casuals that try to play on sunday because once all the raid targets are down the hardcore raiders just power level shared toons for dkp and engage in borderline zone disruption the rest of the weekend.

for that reason i would suggest a bristlebane specific quake where all the timers are reset but not everything respawns at the same time (maybe like a rolling timer where a new raid mob spawns every 30 minutes), and make different mobs spawn in different locations (ie vox could spawn at KT location and KT could spawn at Faydedar), and 3x the hp of any mob with vulak loot and 5x the hp of any mob with pre nerf no drop loot.

if you cant kill the avatar of war with a guise on it then maybe you just don't get avatar loot until the next non bristlebane quake. team up or dont bristlebane shouldn't care.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Cool idea, I know a lot of people enjoyed it.

Ideas for next time: Bring back warder loot mixed into the equation or pop warders all together - this is an era a lot of people never saw because we all got cucked by Rampage. We get they made history here but I'd have to assume more than 80% of those in that guild are gone, and that loot never is even shown off anymore. You guys brought back a legacy item on the tunare drops (cleric staff), why not warder legacy items?

Also, the guise debacle. Why are they so rare? Average has to be less than 1 a year over the years. Even if 50 were given out a year, they'd still be extremely rare. And half the time I hear that someone gets one, they put it on a gnome cleric or something silly so who really is counting. Along the same lines, there's nearly 0 gnome illusion masks on the server, again, warder loot discussion above.

Anyway, I think the mix up really invigorates the server, it should happen as often as the drafts do.

I missed the event except for Tunare as well, so doing another one would be nice to experience. Thanks for trying to keep the server fresh.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Best fun I've had raiding in ages.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:39 PM
Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make different mobs spawn in different locations (ie vox could spawn at KT location and KT could spawn at Faydedar),
That idea was toyed with, but it can break mechanics of the fights. Even something simple that I wanted to do - Move Talendor from Skyfire to Lavastorm (Bristlebane screwed up and put him in the wrong place) wasn't possible because it literally breaks the mob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ideas for next time: Bring back warder loot mixed into the equation or pop warders all together
Warder loot was off limits for this event. I won't say never, but I'll be surprised if we're ever allowed to put those items out there for an event.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With respect to itemization, green scales on wuoshi and earth staff on velk were both clever and intuitive. Vulak robe on Sont was a great surprise- we knew it had to have something good but no one guessed the robe.
I had a ton of fun moving the items around and coming up with themes/ideas/trolls. There were some really good items out there that turned on up some easier mobs, unless they got moved around at the last minute. The Green Scales on Wuoshi just make sense - It's a GREEN dragon - but I digress.

This event was big and took a lot of work/planning. I don't know if we'll ever do it again. I've suggested on April 18th (Taxes Due in the US) that we nerf mob drops as a "Tax". I don't think you guys would enjoy that as much though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]