Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-26-2023, 01:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Laptop Always Crashes EQ when Removing or Inserting Charger (changing Power State)

Heya, EQ P99 on my laptop has been crashing every time I plugin or remove the charger which causes the screen to flash and then the game always crashes. So if I am camping or on a raid, it can be really inconvenient and dangerous as well. I have tried

-Duxa Installer installing for Single Core usage,
-updating to the latest P99 files, DG Voodoo2 which did not seem to help,
-repairing the install.

I briefly tried to figure out WinEQ2, but it seemed a little onerous and having to create an account. I could try this but was wondering if anyone experienced this issue.

My next step will be to try to completely uninstall/reinstall EQ again and use something recommended like WinEQ2 or otherwise if you guys think its best. Should I do anything else first? do I try a different launcher or emulator configurer?

Laptop is ROG Strix G513 with AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Radeon, 3.30 GHz, 32 GB of RAM, x64 Win11, Radeon 68000M and also Integrated Radeon

thanks in advance
Last edited by pistol27pete; 05-26-2023 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: graphics card
Old 05-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

One of my laptops did this - playing with the power state settings resolved it. I think preventing the ultra low power cpu state? It was in bios somewhere.

-Mcoy
Old 05-29-2023, 02:32 AM
Skeleton

Game freeze but still working on background when you change power states right?
No power plan changes will solve your problem, make battery mode and power plugged mode to max performace.
Old 06-04-2023, 10:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you both I am going to try this tomorrow. I will try to set max power plan on both Battery and Plugged in. I’ve been playing on a really old Dell right now as back up because of the crashing and it would be nice to play on my real computer with my normal UI! I’ll update if this helped me as well!