Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Default At what level can one reasonably solo all of the Thurgadin Armor quests?

I'm about to ding 44 on my Paladin, planning to take Paineel to 50 if I can, maybe even a little higher depending on the captains respawn time, and immediately after that I'm making it a priority to assemble a suit of Thurgadin armor, which means farming the rep and acquiring all the necessary pieces on my own, including gems.

Let's say I do get to 50 before I finally abandon Paineel. Will it be possible for me to solo the mobs needed for the corroded plate pieces at that point? What will be the best enemy for me to farm for the specific gems (maybe excluding crushed diamonds, if they really are 5k a piece...).
Old 07-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Unless you plan on burning puppet strings, Midnight market charges, and soulfire clicks a paladin will never solo these mobs. At least not without BIS everything and at that mainly just to see if it’s possible (frankly I don’t know about the second part...my lull is ridiculously bad on lower dogs even at 190 buffed CHA). They certainly will never get corroded armor drops going solo.

60 enchanters farm the flawless diamonds all the time. I don’t know of many that waltz into Kael solo. A scrappy duo/trio is likely possible. Definitely doable with four people.

Best to just join a community Arena night and roll on drops you need. You should be in your low 50’s for this unless you can find a couple solid groups carrying it for the lower levels. Farming plat is always an option too but typically recommended at 60 or close to it.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you plan on burning puppet strings, Midnight market charges, and soulfire clicks a paladin will never solo these mobs. At least not without BIS everything and at that mainly just to see if it’s possible (frankly I don’t know about the second part...my lull is ridiculously bad on lower dogs even at 190 buffed CHA). They certainly will never get corroded armor drops going solo.

60 enchanters farm the flawless diamonds all the time. I don’t know of many that waltz into Kael solo. A scrappy duo/trio is likely possible. Definitely doable with four people.

Best to just join a community Arena night and roll on drops you need. You should be in your low 50’s for this unless you can find a couple solid groups carrying it for the lower levels. Farming plat is always an option too but typically recommended at 60 or close to it.
So I can't solo any of the 38-40 mobs that have a chance of dropping Corroded and getting it that way? I didn't say it had to be fast or easy, I just need to know what I have at least a chance of being able to kill something in Kael that drops what I need, without help.

For instance: https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Frost_Giant_Berserker

Or

https://wiki.project1999.com/Adjutant_Lynlrom

You're telling me a Paladin cannot solo enemies like this at all, even at 50?
Old 07-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

These mobs have 2% regen per second while engaged. That is a lot on a mob with maybe 10k hp.

My 52 sk with a reaver (but no haste click) struggles hard to beat that. The level you have for them must be wrong, as the berserker who paths to the entry gives green xp to my 60 ranger (who can beat their regen pretty easily with epics and sky haste click).

Paladin solo relies on using CC breaks to click heal up, I'm not sure if you can win that attrition war against the giant's base regen. At least the sk can constantly apply dps with fear kite.

If you add a second player you will have MUCH more success. I suggest buddying up.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Often they are around other mobs. Often lull won’t work. Stuns won’t interupt giants who are healing. Etc.

I’ve never seen a green con to me drop corroded but could be wrong. I’ve only done it half a dozen or so times. Someone else can chime in.

I’m just telling you if it was easy every stupid 51 necro would be farming it to death solo. They aren’t.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These mobs have 2% regen per second while engaged. That is a lot on a mob with maybe 10k hp.

My 52 sk with a reaver (but no haste click) struggles hard to beat that. The level you have for them must be wrong, as the berserker who paths to the entry gives green xp to my 60 ranger (who can beat their regen pretty easily with epics and sky haste click).

Paladin solo relies on using CC breaks to click heal up, I'm not sure if you can win that attrition war against the giant's base regen. At least the sk can constantly apply dps with fear kite.

If you add a second player you will have MUCH more success. I suggest buddying up.
My assumption was that Kael is a regular zone for leveling, farming, etc, not a raid zone like Planes.

IIRC from my time on PEQ Grand Creation, the giants around the zone entrance are at or just under 40.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Find one person of each armor type and group together! that way no one competing for armor and everyone has a chance for loot.. shaman/monk/enc maybe!
Old 07-04-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grokk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find one person of each armor type and group together! that way no one competing for armor and everyone has a chance for loot.. shaman/monk/enc maybe!
Not a bad idea, but I guess I can also MQ it. Figure roughly 500pp-1kpp for each piece except for the Chest, so maybe 3-5kpp total to get two bracers, helm, gloves, legs, arms and boots.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Can also do a plate house group. Obscene plate drop rate there, just usually a greed loot process. Might save you some plats though
Old 07-04-2020, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

The giants around the Kael Drakkel zone-in don't drop corroded armor. The giants that do are mostly beyond your ability as a Paladin to effectively solo, and the few a Paladin can sort of handle (a couple of see-invis giants in the 4-way area for example) have such absurdly low drop rates as to render the attempt an exercise in futility. Even if you could solo it, you'd be at or near 60 and already equipped in stuff better than Thurgadin armor by the time you do it.

Thurgadin armor does not require raids, but it's not really meant for soloists either. It's group content for high-level players. Areas such as the plate house offer good drop rates and are very much single-group doable.

You can make the money to MQ the pieces far more quickly than you'd likely be able to solo/duo it. Plate house groups offer good enough drop rates to be worth going there but you'd either need a guild or a decent number of friends--it's not an area you'll usually find pick-up groups (but watch for such groups for when they occur). You can in theory obtain most of the gems (aside from chest slot gems) from random solo'able monsters in zones like Velketor's, but once again you can make the platinum needed to buy the same gems far more rapidly elsewhere. A Paladin is unlikely to solo farm the diamonds effectively although he can quite easily duo for them with an Enchanter partner.

Danth
Closed Thread