Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Double EXP weekends on Red to boost server population?
Hell yes 55 68.75%
Hell no 25 31.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:00 AM
Aviak

Eslade you are wrong. The problem is NOT 'keeping our players' because we have a core base. Today there was over 180, more than I've seen in awhile. We need MORE population....... More and More and More and More until there are no more to get.

Re-Read my posts and you'll see why this is completely possible to get Blue players here.

The difference between you and I is that you want to focus on the people who already play here ONLY, and I want to focus on BOTH the people who play here AND all the people who play everquest but don't play here (whom are ALL reachable my friend, whether you like it or not). I know for a fact that if there was more incentive to play HERE than BLUE, that this server would BLOW UP more than anyone thought was possible.

Although I respect your opinion.......That's My theory, and this is My Post.....

And I know even Bluebies would agree with me. Don't you think they get bored over there??? Not being able to do anything with their pixels except be 'inspected'?? What server should they choose if both are almost basically the same besides there is PvP on the much less populated one?? At least add some bonuses on the PvP server and you will DEFINITELY find more and more and more people joining it because it's easier to PvE, and THUS Simultaneously EASIER TO PVP.

Trust me, they would ALL love to show off their gear in more than just the visual way. All of them just need a PUSH, whether it be my suggestion, or any other that brings them this way.... I believe ALL Everquest players have PvP in their heart.... They just need the right situation to find themselves in.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:04 AM
Aviak

Maybe I'm wayyyy to involved in this idea.... and actually, i know I am. But I've been a part of other private server games and have been seriously involved in the development side and have seen and Know how MANY server populations die and thrive based on the choices they've made.

I'm just giving my opinion as someone who has seen this kind of thing over and over and over, who is trained to think long term when it comes to competing MMO servers. In this case, we're challenged with bringing the best Everquest PvP server up to or over-par with the best Everquest PvE server..... Because it seems like the only logical and best solution to me.

If you are fine with the server population as it is, and don't want anyone to out-zerg Nilly, that is your problem--- NOT the rest of the server's
Last edited by Beethoven; 08-19-2014 at 01:09 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Got through 2 paragraphs and gave up. I said we had to retain the new players. God knows we have a lot of red lifers already. Once again, what this server needs is to attract blue players long enough to change servers permanently. Figure out how to keep new players and you solve the problem. Xp weekends won't work the way you think they will. Neckbeards will only level their alts in weekends and leave the new players you did hook with a very low pop and slower leveling with crap gear. Bluebies love gear and hate being pvp'd. But sure let's implement faster leveling on top of the crazy rate we already have...
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 08-19-2014, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

More population comes with more content in Everquest pvp servers. If people just want to reexperience the game, they usually go to blue. If people want to reexperience pvp, they come to red. PvP servers have always made up less than 10% of the overall EQ pop, and we do well to have 10-20% of the pop here that blue has.

We'll see a pop upwards of 300+ come velious. If you really want to increase red pop, help find things to test to get Velious out faster.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

here we go, newly formed nutswinging extravaganca

ok guy, tell us how to fix the server that we haven't already tried before

my solution to fixing box

variance (temporary until nutswinging bluebie zergs have disbanded their warm bodies they have on team just to sit on spawns and avoid pvp by having insane numbers in play)

fixing resist for nukes, tone it the fuck down, melee damage, tone it the fuck down , pvp is suppose to take strategy not be a click fest who can hit nuke the quickest, remember mass pvp that lasted 2-3 hours? yeah... not on red99, 80v80 turns out to last like 10 minutes if only that here on red99

perma ban the real offenders, people who have been previously exiled from blue and banned a handful of times on red99, why do we have to deal with them seriously?

allow training: yes.... it's easier to just allow training then to have people run fraps and diplomacy quest on the forums and whomever has best faction with said gm wins, fuck that, just let everyone play and let us sort it out our selves, allowing training also promotes smaller elite group of people getting shit done without having to force themselves to group with shitty people (lets face it 80% of red99 pop is shitty people).

for future: once server and several of guild factions have formed from ruleset above, set semi static timers for dragons again, make it static with a 3 hour variance window to allow for people to show up and pvp early before the spawn happens, but keep a slight variance to discourage massive zerg guilds destroying the server.

smedy for gm 2014, all issues are fixed now people, i will be ur supreme leader
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Last edited by Smedy; 08-19-2014 at 01:27 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 01:19 AM
Sarnak

Have not read one of OP's posts
Old 08-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
here we go, newly formed nutswinging extravaganca

ok guy, tell us how to fix the server that we haven't already tried before

Yes, all powerful - all knowing one, tell me all about how you know every single person and when they started by their current forum char creation date.

You are such genius...... except no
Old 08-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

To get bluebies to play you have to give them bluebie shit. Like give them a title on blue for getting a pvp toon to 60. You have enough ocd neckbeards to get a steady stream of bluebies.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 08-19-2014, 01:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barladore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have not read one of OP's posts
People who don't care to read, don't belong commenting on this topic. Plain and simple
Old 08-19-2014, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

i edited my post stating the facts that would ultimately lead to a healthy late end red99 , u may kneel before ur supreme leader

i would rule this shit with an iron fist u kno
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Closed Thread