Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Herp
Derp
Old 09-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only red flag for me is the charaters look like crap right now.

The charters in eq hit this golden area between realistic & cartoony.. I hope that is the same for pantheon. I mean shit that skeleton in the SS's looks like the same skeleton model from luclin that I came here to escape.

But then again in that old pre alpha video of eq, the character models looked like shit too so maybe theyll get changed last minuet too.

Yeah the game isn't coming out until like 2017 apparently. Pretty sure they have some time to fix up the character models.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/pantheon_difference/

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

Some info I found on the site ^
Old 09-25-2015, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

I'm surprised that it actually got this far, hope it turns out to be a decent game but I won't hold my breath. Looks like a former P99 streamer is working on their team now, even streams some of his work doing world design.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've read the thread. While it is hilarious, it mostly consists of jaded posts by a few guys that are still upset over Vanguard combined with a handful of junior-devs, interns and never-weres in the gaming industry, too envious of McQuaid's success to admit that Pantheon has promise. The latter is so jaded, they literally claim that McQuaid was responsible for nothing (as in 0%) good in EQ or Vanguard, and that his presence was a mere coincidence. Those posts from that lot are more hilarious than any of the jokes and jeering you find in the midst of that consolatory circle-jerk.
You're not wrong, that forum is full of fannies and that thread concentrates them. However the jeers are funny, many of them were more than justified at the time and to be honest, having followed the various Pantheon related nonsense from the beginning, it's hilarious that a game is going to come out of the monumental mess it began with.
<Asgard>
Old 09-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only red flag for me is the charaters look like crap right now.

The charters in eq hit this golden area between realistic & cartoony.. I hope that is the same for pantheon. I mean shit that skeleton in the SS's looks like the same skeleton model from luclin that I came here to escape.

But then again in that old pre alpha video of eq, the character models looked like shit too so maybe theyll get changed last minuet too.
I'm ok with a mix of cartoons and realistic if only to go a bit easier on my pc. Rift did pretty well on that with their character models imo
Old 09-25-2015, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the game is using a ton of purchased assets, this was confirmed in various screenshots from staff

see http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...-Thread-in-MMO for info
You won't find any worthwhile info in that thread.

Regarding the topic of Unity Store, you can watch the Pantheon Unity 4 video update from earlier this year where they discuss it in some detail. The stores for Unity and Unreal are one of the biggest features of the engines and can drastically reduce development time. The only negative side effect can be trying to integrate assets into a game when they don't match the art style, landscape or decor. Based on the videos and screenshots, I'd say its safe to assume that the assets they've purchased suited Pantheon just fine.

They also develop their own assets, and as they're able to hire more artists, their need for external resources like the store will go down. Honestly though, to stop using the store altogether is a sure way to push back the launch.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Kobold

LMAO @ people who care about store-bought assets in unity.

Dudes are playing a 15-year-old elf simulator with single-digit polygon character models and 2D tree's and complain about the source of art for another game, when said game looks 100X better than anything we play here, even in pre-alpha stages.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the game isn't coming out until like 2017 apparently. Pretty sure they have some time to fix up the character models.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/pantheon_difference/

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

Some info I found on the site ^
yea, I have faith but I have no idea who's call it was to design the character models in EQ :/

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But like I said if this is what we started with in EQ compared to what we got on launch, I have high hopes.. Im crossing my fingers we get something that reminds me of why i love EQ character models so much...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Kobold

See you in game, Iruined. Ogre or bust
Old 09-25-2015, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LMAO @ people who care about store-bought assets in unity.

Dudes are playing a 15-year-old elf simulator with single-digit polygon character models and 2D tree's and complain about the source of art for another game, when said game looks 100X better than anything we play here, even in pre-alpha stages.
This. I'm hoping Brad can pull a good game out. Hes doing it with no help at all, no donations. I'm proud of what they have been able to do so far.

EQN isn't an MMO, its going to be like that Heroes shit where you run around with 4 special abilities like Leagues except in 3D with full physics. That's called an adventure/action game. Like Diablo minus the sprites and add world physics.

I don't like the sound of that. Theres a reason why I am not playing Marvel Online or whatever that shit Superhero game was SOE released.
Closed Thread