Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-16-2016, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

The game client will only connect to the EQEmu server list if it has the "patchme" parameter passed to it at runtime, which can only be configured through a shortcut or a batch file - eqgame.exe is the client executable itself, which is why it lets you configure compatibility settings and such, while Launch Titanium is a batch file that runs eqgame.exe with the "patchme" parameter.

Right-click eqgame.exe to create a new shortcut and call it whatever you want, and then configure it as such:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, make sure you do not have EQ installed in Program Files.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game client will only connect to the EQEmu server list if it has the "patchme" parameter passed to it at runtime, which can only be configured through a shortcut or a batch file - eqgame.exe is the client executable itself, which is why it lets you configure compatibility settings and such, while Launch Titanium is a batch file that runs eqgame.exe with the "patchme" parameter.

Right-click eqgame.exe to create a new shortcut and call it whatever you want, and then configure it as such:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, make sure you do not have EQ installed in Program Files.
This is the button i am referring too. If you notice the compatibility button; this is where i have to check the box that says 640x480 and also the run as administrator. Is this how yours is checked or do you have one of the other boxes checked? I'm not tech savvy so i don't know what the other box choices are for.

I added the patchme and now this button launches the game. Now if you can help me figure out which of these other boxes under compatibility I need to have checked so that I can uncheck the 640x480? that is so damn annoying to have my screen blow up like it does during launch. Your help is most appreciated.
Last edited by Dragonslayer; 11-16-2016 at 01:33 PM..
Old 11-16-2016, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the button i am referring too. If you notice the compatibility button; this is where i have to check the box that says 640x480 and also the run as administrator. Is this how yours is checked or do you have one of the other boxes checked? I'm not tech savvy so i don't know what the other box choices are for.

I added the patchme and now this button launches the game. Now if you can help me figure out which of these other boxes under compatibility I need to have checked so that I can uncheck the 640x480? that is so damn annoying to have my screen blow up like it does during launch. Your help is most appreciated.
remove Eq from your program folder and change all the eqclient.ini resolutions again.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure you have not accidentally installed Everquest to its default path, Program Files. That fucks a lot of things up if you do that.

Move the folder to your C drive.
After all of the posts in this forum about not installing to the default path how is this still a thing?

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 11-17-2016, 03:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
remove Eq from your program folder and change all the eqclient.ini resolutions again.
It was never in my Program files but out side of them.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

Ok, so:

a) If your EverQuest folder is outside of Program Files then you shouldn't need to run anything as an administrator. So first of all go ahead and uncheck "Run this program as an administrator" on anything that has it checked.

b) You don't want to check anything except "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" in your shortcut's Compatibility tab. Uncheck everything else. Make sure any other options are unchecked on the actual .exe file as well.

c) You shouldn't need any other shortcuts placed anywhere. All you need is one shortcut, and you can put it wherever you want. Put it on your desktop, pin it to your taskbar or start menu, etc. Any extra shortcuts or use of the Launch Titanium batch file are completely optional, and the actual Launch Titanium.bat needs to stay in your EverQuest directory to work properly, but you can create a shortcut for this if you want to. Since you're using a legit version of EQ, you might actually have a Launch Titanium.exe or something - just leave it in your EQ directory and create a shortcut for it if you need to. If you use this to launch EQ, make sure you have the Compatibility settings configured as explained in step b).

d) Now that you've successfully launched EverQuest, the client has automatically generated your eqclient.ini file, so go into your EverQuest folder and open it using Notepad. Once opened, press Control + F and search for WindowedWidth. If you're playing in windowed mode, then the first two settings are the only ones that matter: WindowedWidth and WindowedHeight. Change your eqclient.ini [VideoMode] settings so that they look like this, and then save the file:

Code:
[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=960
Width=640
Height=480
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=640
HeightWindowed=480
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-17-2016 at 05:04 AM..
Old 11-17-2016, 05:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so:

a) If your EverQuest folder is outside of Program Files then you shouldn't need to run anything as an administrator. So first of all go ahead and uncheck "Run this program as an administrator" on anything that has it checked.

b) You don't want to check anything except "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" in your shortcut's Compatibility tab. Uncheck everything else. Make sure any other options are unchecked on the actual .exe file as well.

c) You shouldn't need any other shortcuts placed anywhere. All you need is one shortcut, and you can put it wherever you want. Put it on your desktop, pin it to your taskbar or start menu, etc. Any extra shortcuts or use of the Launch Titanium batch file are completely optional, and the actual Launch Titanium.bat needs to stay in your EverQuest directory to work properly, but you can create a shortcut for this if you want to. Since you're using a legit version of EQ, you might actually have a Launch Titanium.exe or something - just leave it in your EQ directory and create a shortcut for it if you need to. If you use this to launch EQ, make sure you have the Compatibility settings configured as explained in step b).

d) Now that you've successfully launched EverQuest, the client has automatically generated your eqclient.ini file, so go into your EverQuest folder and open it using Notepad. Once opened, press Control + F and search for WindowedWidth. If you're playing in windowed mode, then the first two settings are the only ones that matter: WindowedWidth and WindowedHeight. Change your eqclient.ini [VideoMode] settings so that they look like this, and then save the file:

Code:
[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=960
Width=640
Height=480
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=640
HeightWindowed=480
Ok. I already fixed the button situation of having to have both on my screen when i applied you suggestion of adding "patchme" to the exe button. That fixed the need to use Launch Titanium so i removed that from desktop.

As for the .ini I have already changed that to 1920x1080 which is my res on desktop to all of those selections as I play in fullscreen mode.

I'll now try the suggestion of unchecking administration and any othr selections aside from run in compatibility mode. I use windows 7 so I think I have all options available to you as well. I'll keep you updated as to how it goes.

Thanks again.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

It's reducing your screen resolution to 640x480 because you have that option still checked somewhere then, but you don't need it checked now that you have an eqclient.ini. Should be good to go once you've unchecked that on eqgame.exe and its shortcut.