Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 01:00 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It required it when I looked.
You're doing it wrong. Nothing wrong with paying though if that's what you are comfortable with.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Prices of Titanium can only go up; it's the bubble that will never burst!

Buy yours, make your copes and sell it on!

(note, I just copypasted my install from a friend's computer. Hope I can trust him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 11-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't work.
But it does [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If you say so. All I know is I got an opaque over lay with a registration request that wouldn't allow any thing further till it was done. So I exited.
Learn to use whats called a ad blocker.....
Old 11-17-2016, 01:31 AM
Aviak

I woulda mailed you a flash drive for half that lol but glad to see your serious about playing
Old 11-17-2016, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Dude doesn't know how to torrent - can't really blame him for that. Although, as I've said before, there's really nothing ethically controversial about torrenting Titanium since it's a product that is no longer available through retail.

As far as the trustworthiness of torrents go, Casey's swashbuckling version is nothing to worry about, nor is the bay itself. Unless he's currently hoarding like 90% of the server's identities. I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Right, Casey?! On the other hand, torrents can often be trojan horses for trojans, but that's not saying anything about the plunderer's shore - just some of the people who use it maliciously. You learn how to avoid these.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude doesn't know how to torrent - can't really blame him for that. Although, as I've said before, there's really nothing ethically controversial about torrenting Titanium since it's a product that is no longer available through retail.

As far as the trustworthiness of torrents go, Casey's swashbuckling version is nothing to worry about, nor is the bay itself. Unless he's currently hoarding like 90% of the server's identities. I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Right, Casey?! On the other hand, torrents can often be trojan horses for trojans, but that's not saying anything about the plunderer's shore - just some of the people who use it maliciously. You learn how to avoid these.
It's all good. I'm no spring chicken and what may be basic wake up in the morning knowledge to you young folks, if you are young, this stuff wasn't every day easy know how back in the day like it is now. Your all born into this world in what was then new and not so well an understood frontier. I'm not tech savvy but remember when EQ dropped the bomb on us just after Kunark released with the DirectX upgrade to make rain realistic. I remember back then how unexplored it was for me to figure it out and get it installed right and always having to figure out new graphics card driver updates and having to add RAM sticks to your mother board to make it faster and of course it was all new and not just click here and we do it all for you in this download =). I'm trying though and with this new fangled thing we call internet and forums =P, it's so much easier. I thank you all for your help.

Oh did I mention having to play EQ on Dial Up? You don't know half the of it. Constant LDing and having to relog in, over and over and lag, and lag, and lag =). i wounder how i ever did all that but then remember.... Oh yea.. Evercrack =).
Old 11-17-2016, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

You look to me to be a gentleman from the age when games were fought on the tabletop, not on poxy videoscreens. Good man.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:39 PM
Aviak

Hehe, I feel you hun. I was lucky enough to have a friend with it but this tech stuff is better left to those who know how and want to help me =P.
Closed Thread