Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess I'm too used to having access to the wife's Shaman, which has had torpor for many years. Feels dreary playing one that doesn't have it. Granted, I don't particularly like the Shaman anyway, the class is strong but its mechanics aren't much fun, which is why it's her character and not mine. She loves the thing, though, and can't stand playing much of anything else anymore.

Enchanter makes me rage. I hate it. Hate hate hate hate it. Too RNG dependent. Easy and fun aren't the same thing; I could run one but I'd always loathe every second of it. It's a strong choice for folks who can tolerate it.

Danth
it's a good class for people who start nodding off when playing a melee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2019, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • What are some fun things to do as a non-raider?
Explore the world. As the expansion arrive, there will be places where it's really really tough to get in solo. See if you can. See how far you can get. Take some nice screenshots.

Try to kill crazy stuff. It's just you and a buddy, can you guys kill that whatever? Because corpses on the ground say you can't.

Buy low and sell high.

Help newbies. Everyone loves buffs and small amounts of plat to get them going. Provide out of group healing for guild groups making their way up.

Go on dungeon runs with a small guild group. A nice high-functioning group is such a joy it doesn't matter where you are.

Set some goals. As an Iksar, I wanted to be able to bank everywhere just because. So that was rewarding, finding ways to manipulate the faction system to get what I want.

You can do so much stuff.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

As an aside, once you don't care about pixel loot anymore, the game suddenly becomes much more open. You go places to have fun and to enjoy the game for its own sake. "It's useless! Nothing for me drops there!" suddenly stops being a limitation. The game world becomes quite large indeed. Most people see ToV as a loot paradise. Me? From where I stand it looks more like a flytrap, complete with a bit of honey as bait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a good class for people who start nodding off when playing a melee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, Enchanter's definitely a good choice for folks who want something that'll keep 'em on their toes.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 10-23-2019 at 10:38 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 10:53 PM
Banned

What are you playing Danth?
Old 10-23-2019, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Since 2012 I've been playing a Shadow Knight as my primary character. It's my only level 60 on P1999 (indeed, my only 55+). Name's Andoric. It serves well for what I do, but note my primary mode of gameplay is duo with the wife on her Shaman. It's a very strong duo. The SK can solo well by melee standards--but that's faint praise. I do stuff on my own once in awhile, but if I wanted to solo as my primary mode of gameplay I wouldn't pick a melee in this game.

Danth
Closed Thread