Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by condap99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. The same logic couldn't be applied. Because you just lifted the scope of the conversation from the individual player, to an entire raiding entity.

Individual players choose when to log in or not log in.

Raiding entities have players globally, and are specifically designed to support 24/7 coverage. They will never stop contesting targets because that's not how a random dude on the forums thinks the game should be played.

It's extremely simple. "People make friends, and prefer not to have to leave the communities they are part of in order to experience the various content the game has to offer." This is the tradeoff that you have to consider. Stay with the guilds that don't care enough about raiding to have the infrastructure to win competitively because you like them or know them irl or whatever... or join the raiding entities that do care about winning, and have the infrastructure in place to do it.

That's your choice. There's no wrong answer. But the rules won't be changed so that you don't have to make the choice. Live with your decisions and stop complaining about how the system isn't fair.
Well shame on me for discussing the topic of the thread, I guess. More quakes would be good, both as a means of allowing more people to experience the content and as a tool to keep respawn timers relatively stacked up. A serpent draft 4 times a year is good, and is not an onerous burden on anyone. IMO a CT-in-fear type mechanic for with Vulak in ToV would alleviate a lot of the angst that lies at the root of the near constant petitionquest that goes along with the raiding environment on p99 blue. Those were the the points of discussion, none is a complaint about the fairness of the system. You'll recognize that elsewhere I acknowledge the server is a baseline FFA environment, and that aspect is 100% part of what makes p99 attractive.

Get over yourself.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well shame on me for discussing the topic of the thread, I guess. More quakes would be good, both as a means of allowing more people to experience the content and as a tool to keep respawn timers relatively stacked up. A serpent draft 4 times a year is good, and is not an onerous burden on anyone. IMO a CT-in-fear type mechanic for with Vulak in ToV would alleviate a lot of the angst that lies at the root of the near constant petitionquest that goes along with the raiding environment on p99 blue. Those were the the points of discussion, none is a complaint about the fairness of the system. You'll recognize that elsewhere I acknowledge the server is a baseline FFA environment, and that aspect is 100% part of what makes p99 attractive.

Get over yourself.
The issue with Vulak is the training (mobs) required to snag a competitive kill. Not only do you have to kite a bunch of mobs, you have to do it around 250 other people. It's always going to be a bonanza at Vulak. A CT call wouldn't help that.

Personally I can't fathom why we haven't went back to the footrace/FTE lockout meta. AT LEAST FOR A MONTH TEST RUN. Maybe Riot will be more willing to try it out now?
Old 02-10-2021, 06:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicaant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
\
And lastly, it would be very fun. Imagine knowing a quake is coming every other week, can preplan with the family that they just don't get to talk to you that day. \
Imagine knowing a quake is coming every other week, can preplan with the family that they just don't get to talk to you that day

can preplan with the family that they just don't get to talk to you that day

they just don't get to talk to you that day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Donald Trump
Old 02-10-2021, 06:40 PM
Large Rat

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue with Vulak is the training (mobs) required to snag a competitive kill. Not only do you have to kite a bunch of mobs, you have to do it around 250 other people.
I despise how 90% of the games content has been cut out because the "META" is to just train everything you're supposed to kill away. Part of the problem IMO. ( that and the armies of shared characters which are essentially bots )
Old 02-10-2021, 09:46 PM
Large Rat

While I agree more quakes would be nice (I think we currently at like 50+ days since the last one), good luck getting the GM's onboard. They usually too busy playing WoW to spend 10 minutes to look at p99 issues, just look how long petitions take to get sorted, can literally be 6 months later before a ruling is handed down. Hence another "problem", quakes usually bring more petitions because of the mad rush to kill everything. The GM's have made it abundantly clear they would rather let petitions pile up and then just ban hammer everyone rather than sorting it out early. So if more quakes equals more petitions, its something the GM's will avoid. Maybe some more staff would help overall?
Old 02-11-2021, 12:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue with Vulak is the training (mobs) required to snag a competitive kill. Not only do you have to kite a bunch of mobs, you have to do it around 250 other people. It's always going to be a bonanza at Vulak. A CT call wouldn't help that.

Personally I can't fathom why we haven't went back to the footrace/FTE lockout meta. AT LEAST FOR A MONTH TEST RUN. Maybe Riot will be more willing to try it out now?
Not the call mechanic, the zone-wide re-pop.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
The last thing the raiding meta needs is MORE mario kart. At least with the current Vulak engage there are a ton of roles that need to be filled by a ton of people. Footrace is just 4-6 people from each guild doing a thing and everyone else sitting on their ass until they finish.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

Time for the Ring of Vulak.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last thing the raiding meta needs is MORE mario kart. At least with the current Vulak engage there are a ton of roles that need to be filled by a ton of people. Footrace is just 4-6 people from each guild doing a thing and everyone else sitting on their ass until they finish.
In regard to this and the meta switching of the raid scene... I kind of think it's been fun and interesting how the raid scene has changed over the years. While this isn't my favorite way to raid ToV, it's cool how much it's changed. And even years (at this point) since the dragons were rooted, new strategies are still being implemented every week.

You say it's Mario Kart, I say it's a fun 5 minute event per mob to decide it's fate in a no hard feelings way. I don't think there should be a racer limit. And if there is one, it should be high, like 10+. So that everyone can get a chance.

Have you ever been in a raid guild during a race meta? POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP VULAK VULAK GOGOOGGOGOOGGOGOOGOGO... shit is fun. And it easily decides the mob.

Like i've said before, racing in ToV besides maybe doze is nothing like racing in other zones. You have to run through a LOT of mobs that will one round you. If kittens brought 10 people to the line, I'd give them at LEAST a 10% chance of winning the mob, even more once they got better at doing it. Compare that, to a 0% chance of winning a mob in tov bringing 10 people.

We could even make it a community event. If all the smaller guilds agreed to a "Race for ToV" event, we could try it out the first window after a quake.

DA Idols will be an issue. Perhaps that's something we can fix collaboratively.

Rotations? No fun. I don't think the GM's are too keen on it either. The competition on this server is fun, and shouldn't be stamped out so that everyone can get a chance at ToV loot molten core style.

If you hate racing, suggest something else plz i'm very much all ears
Old 02-11-2021, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I agree more quakes would be nice (I think we currently at like 50+ days since the last one), good luck getting the GM's onboard. They usually too busy playing WoW to spend 10 minutes to look at p99 issues, just look how long petitions take to get sorted, can literally be 6 months later before a ruling is handed down. Hence another "problem", quakes usually bring more petitions because of the mad rush to kill everything. The GM's have made it abundantly clear they would rather let petitions pile up and then just ban hammer everyone rather than sorting it out early. So if more quakes equals more petitions, its something the GM's will avoid. Maybe some more staff would help overall?
Not entirely accurate. The GMs that handle petitions don't have the power to quake the server. Only Nilbog and Rogean have that ability.