Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the discord team could loot an item, you should also be able to loot an item off them should you kill them. I just don't think item loot fits into the bluer server being proposed which is being created largely to attract more non-pvp players.
Two anti PK teams and one PK team. PK Team would be small. But would suit the FFA pvpers. I would probably roll a toon on PK team.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 09-03-2013 at 07:01 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

I love the idea of 3 teams with there being a discord team. It does appeal to both sides. The only thing I don't like is all players of the faction starting it one city. Like ogres starting in Qeynos may kill the immersion... If some one could come up with a probable solution for this i'd be cool with it. On a side note, I really love the murderer idea... I've stated before that I think the only item loot should be player ears (for bragging rights,) but it would be super cool if you loot a wanted players ear, turn it into a guard, and you get a cash reward. Would be more incentive for pvping to get cash rather than farming OOT seafuries. Overall, there wouldn't be much customization at all and the murderer idea doesn't even need to be implemented. Just could be a bonus new fun idea.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the idea of 3 teams with there being a discord team. It does appeal to both sides. The only thing I don't like is all players of the faction starting it one city. Like ogres starting in Qeynos may kill the immersion... If some one could come up with a probable solution for this i'd be cool with it. On a side note, I really love the murderer idea... I've stated before that I think the only item loot should be player ears (for bragging rights,) but it would be super cool if you loot a wanted players ear, turn it into a guard, and you get a cash reward. Would be more incentive for pvping to get cash rather than farming OOT seafuries. Overall, there wouldn't be much customization at all and the murderer idea doesn't even need to be implemented. Just could be a bonus new fun idea.
I like the idea of farming ears for cash rather than Seafuries.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Would be cool if the Discord team was kill on sight in all major cities except the murderer city, kind of like Buccaneer`s Den in Ultima Online. There should be some safe havens for the dregs of society such as Qeynos Catacombs, Freeport sewers, East Freeport slums and other shady areas of the world. This would add another challenging element to gameplay and force murderers to use their head to really survive outside of the set path of the game. DISCORD would not be for the weak or weary.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Banned

Here is what I do not get. The 3 teams were done before in Kings and Bandits. They had the teams system with custom stuff, then everybody quit. I do think the 3 team system works, but then you get the "It is not classic" crowd and everyone quits. It is just a flavor of the month syndrome. Will be fun for a few months, then people will go back to red 99.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone on team discord
Old 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is what I do not get. The 3 teams were done before in Kings and Bandits. They had the teams system with custom stuff, then everybody quit. I do think the 3 team system works, but then you get the "It is not classic" crowd and everyone quits. It is just a flavor of the month syndrome. Will be fun for a few months, then people will go back to red 99.
People didn't quit K&B due to the teams system. The faction system on that server was amazing and the pvp was some of the funniest I've had. What made people quit was that the server had custom zones, pvp loot NPCs, the Nexus, Translocators/Spires taking people around the world, etc. K&B was crazy fun for how easy it was to pvp, but that server was really far from classic. Custom servers are super fun until a month or two passes and you want to feel nostalgic. Which is why we have to be careful here not to make things too customized.
Now the reason their next server failed (Red69--turned into Legacy of Zek) was because 1: the competition of Red99, and 2: the xp was too fast (kind of funny because that's what most people complain about.) I love Image and Devnoob and wish they'd come to Project1999 but Image refused an offer from the P99 team because he firmly believes that you should share your code and the community should benefit from that. P99 is a closed source project.

I really like the idea of 3 teams we just need to find a fairly classic way to accomplish this. As I said in my previous post, we don't need to add things such as murderer tag and a few things, but these super small custom changes may enhance the game. Kind of why I think we should have shit like compasses.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure what you mean man, some of us love teams. the day they merged the zek servers was one of the saddest things ive seen (not really but you get my drift.) i would play a less populated teams server over ffa anyday and i know there are others who feel the same way. more immersion and more fun imo.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hypothetically, you could keep it completely classic without starting everyone in one city. I just suggested the single city idea because I was coming up with ways to make it harder for the discord team.

I'm all for keeping things classic, but its possible for almost any race to get faction with any city so moving multiple races into one city shouldn't be that big of an issue. Lore wise, everything would be the same except now Freeport/Qeynos lives in fear of this new discord faction so they tolerate their presence. I wouldn't want the discord team to be kos to everyone because it could interfere with too many other things like quests, even epics.

It really just boils down to 3 teams, 2 normal, 1 ffa. No additives necessary. The people who want a team with people to help them have two options. People who want ffa have it as well, but with some disadvantages. Its really a win/win and anyone who doesn't support a ffa team on a teams server is either overly nostalgic or has ulterior motives.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Banned

I like the idea of Ogres, Trolls, being both hated and chaotic enough to be a Discord only race.

So much lost potential because everyone just rolls ogre for min/max. Maybe make a very hard and limited (as in its repeatable once per 3 months) quest for someone to switch sides off of Discord. Would be something people would have to really earn for that unique "I'm a good guy bad guy Drizzit" status.
Closed Thread