Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default How long until SMS verification expires?

I accidentally entered the wrong phone number for sms verification, but it won't let me change it because a pending sms verification already exists. I tried to skip sms verification, but it won't let me until the sms verification expires. How long does it take for the sms verification to expire?
Old 06-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

love how they have NO fucking help for this god damn issue
Old 11-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I wish they would just get rid of this Sms Verification crap. god forbid if you change numbers over the years. cause if you forget the password to a login your screwed good bye all that work you did on your chars. ask a developer, a guide, or a admin and get nowhere at all just "sorry cant help you". getting rid of it I might be able to atleast retrieve it by email or something.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

They added the sms verification like 3-4 years ago so people couldnt take back accounts they sold to others(when it was legal). they sure arent going to take it away now. Also it never expires. You can try to contact the people at eqemu.org or whatever the site is called but good luck there.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudking27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
love how they have NO fucking help for this god damn issue
Yes those damn volunteers trying to hold down real jobs, raise families or livestock, and have any sort of lives outside of this free emulated service.

I'm 100% with you zie, let's start a hardcore leaflet campaign against these oppressive life living non-basement dwelling persons of non-assumed genders.

Staff will rue the day they messed with mudking27
Old 11-25-2016, 11:09 PM
Fire Giant

all my accounts are linked to the phone number I have that I will never change in my whole life so I'm good.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abishai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I accidentally entered the wrong phone number for sms verification, but it won't let me change it because a pending sms verification already exists.
Your best bet at this point is to try eqemulator.org's SMS verification system. Login to eqemulator.org (if you don't know your eqemulator.org account info, you can recover it here), then click the SMS Verification link in the left pane.

Conversely, if you've already registered a number at eqemulator.org and you no longer use that number, your best bet is to try project1999.com's SMS verification system. Login to project1999.com (if you don't know your project1999.com account info, you can recover it here), then click the SMS Verification link in the left pane.

I believe the eqemulator.org and project1999.com SMS verification systems operate independently and use their own separate databases for storing phone numbers, but they're similar in that they're both one-off systems - there's no way to reset or change the phone number they keep on record once you've registered one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abishai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried to skip sms verification, but it won't let me until the sms verification expires. How long does it take for the sms verification to expire?
Not sure here, but I'd give it at least 24 hours.

So as a rule of thumb - and this should probably be emphasized in the Getting Started Guide - don't register an SMS verification number until you absolutely have to, so that when that time comes you'll be able to enter the number you currently use or enter a third party SMS number and get your account information back right away.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-26-2016 at 10:05 AM..