Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surefall is basically the same as North Karana, as far as the issues facing evils in porting in. Maybe a tad bit worse since the zone is full of good NPCs, NK you should be ok if your invis holds and you run quick away from the ring, SFG is full of good NPCs throughout
I always felt they should have waited a couple months and just put the Druid port in Jaggedpine Forest.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Well just uninstalled the game Thank you!
Old 09-21-2019, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well just uninstalled the game Thank you!
Should ask for a refund!
Old 09-21-2019, 10:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Purple server please!

Quote:
We gonna get some love on the PvP end of things? New Purple server maybe? Or even the option to flag for pvp on the green server?
I know it's a lot to ask, but this would be completely epic! I only played PVE in classic, but i know so much more people would be excited for a new PVP server. Regardless of server, I plan to donate routinely when I start playing.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Arrow Druid - Surefall Glade Port Spells - V49b patch

I noticed in this patch - the Last item on the List from Telin was...

"Telin: Ring and Circle of Surefall Glade are now available."

I have located them In Gfay in the tree city but they say the level Needed to memorize is 255 instead of 25. Is this on purpose or are these spells supposed to be usable?
Old 09-24-2019, 08:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Came here to rant about the hotbar change. I play a bard and requires another hotbar just to put my /stopcast macro on each of my songs. Which means 8 buttons are occupied in my hotbar. With the recent change it really screwed me over.
Guess I'll just give up on P99 for good.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed in this patch - the Last item on the List from Telin was...

"Telin: Ring and Circle of Surefall Glade are now available."

I have located them In Gfay in the tree city but they say the level Needed to memorize is 255 instead of 25. Is this on purpose or are these spells supposed to be usable?
The staff is aware of the problem and it should get fixed in the next patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Came here to rant about the hotbar change. I play a bard and requires another hotbar just to put my /stopcast macro on each of my songs. Which means 8 buttons are occupied in my hotbar. With the recent change it really screwed me over.
Guess I'll just give up on P99 for good.
Just curious: how do you suppose every Bard player, on every live EverQuest server, possibly managed to play ... with only one hotbar?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

You're too late loramin, he's already quit for good.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:29 AM
Large Bat

With regard to "how did other people (in the past) play with one hotbar?":

The premise is flawed as nobody said they "can't."

Additionally, context matters. The people who used to make do with one bar never got used to having the additional bars before having them taken away. Removing something after a decade isn't the same as waiting a decade to offer it.

One would imagine that taking them away after allowing them for years would probably not have been popular at the time either.

P99 is free and that's great. Lot of stuff that's free isn't fun. Add me to the list of people being mocked because they have no interest in playing P99 in its current state.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andipooo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add me to the list of people being mocked because they have no interest in playing P99 in its current state.
Do you ever go to one of those arcades that specializes in old games, put a couple quarters into Street Fighter 2, and then get mad because you can't play Cammy ... because she wasn't added until Super Street Fighter 2?

Coming here and being upset that you don't have any particular modern EQ convenience, whether it's a second hotbar, or a pet window, or whatever, is basically doing the same thing. Project 1999 isn't quite as old as Street Fighter 2, but both are dusty old relics at this point, and people are used to newer versions of both.

I do have some sympathy: maybe you didn't know Cammy wasn't in SF2, you wanted to play her, but now you can't and you've wasted your quarters. That sucks and I get it. Maybe it wasn't even completely your fault: maybe you were confused because the arcade messed up and put SF2 into a Super SF2 cabinet?

Project 1999 is kind of like that: many players fail to understand that Blue doesn't exist to give anyone any particular play experience (consistent or otherwise). Blue is "Beta Blue" (and in retrospect I'm sure the devs wish they'd called it that, just to cut down on this sort of confusion).

The whole reason everyone's been able to play on Blue is that the devs needed 10 years of beta testing to get Green ready. Understanding that is critical! If you do, you don't come into Blue with the expectation that you'll get to use ... anything unclassic. And if you can, you understand that it's temporary.

So again, maybe them not calling the server "Beta Blue" was in some way like putting SF2 into an SSF2 cabinet. And I'm certainly not a fan of people mocking reasonable/polite posters for legitimate confusion (though when someone is rude about this stuff I'll be one of the first to dogpile on them.) But again, once you understand what it really is (classic EQ/Street Fighter 2), you understand that getting mad about Beta Blue being ... well, Beta, is like getting mad that you can't play Cammy ... except you don't have to put in any quarters to find out.

In other words, if the devs did make a mistake by not calling it "Beta Blue", and that has led to a little confusion ... maybe they get a pass on that because they gave you ten years of free game? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-26-2019 at 11:21 AM..
Closed Thread