Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default DE Enc on green?

Seems like hide might be more useful on green, seeing as gaz ring won't be seen for a year and hard to get for probably at least a little longer than that. Is it with going de with low cha? Will there even be enough mobs up to try standard charm killing?
Old 09-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

I really don't think hide is consistent enough to bother with. Cancel magic or invis is only 30/50mana and gives you consistency. If you want it to go AFK with or just like Dark elves' aesthetics, go for it. But relying on hide to break charm, you're gonna have a frustrating time.

No way to tell if the server'll be prohibitively populated for charming, but I really doubt it. Grouping is the cure for high populations, so just keep what you charm if its that bad.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Hide is stupid annoying in its inconsistency for exping and charm breaking IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will there even be enough mobs up to try standard charm killing?
lol this would be such a hilarious problem for this most powerful class, if it turned out to be a problem.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Yeah hide is really bad, sure it's faster but you don't know if charm will break after 1 hide or 5, with invis/taper enchantment you know exactly how long it will need to get a pet break and you can time it proprely.

Also having more starting charisma means you can more easily gear toward HP and as a chanter it's huge. You can use any illusion to look whatever you want anyway it's a minor inconvenience for having a more sturdy enchanter in my opinion.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

You're gonna lose a lot more EXP to pet deaths fat fingering invis after hide failed, than you would just planning to take that extra couple seconds each fight to use a spell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

So heres my thought process: Leveling on green is probably going to be pretty damn slow before 29. After 29 with clarity everything I'm about to say is moot I guess.

With hide, just use it once to see if it works and use invis otherwise. Lets say it fails 75% of the time, you're still saving mana. Every little bit adds up. Taper enchantment seems absolutely useless now, so you're basically talking invis/CM which are 30 mana. Even the poorest of the poor enchanters on blue right now are probably out of the gate at level 12 with much better gear than you're going to have on green, so I'd imagine every little edge counts. (I literally can't start a new character on blue without someone coming along and putting plat + items into trade with me.) Being able to do stein of moggok at 4 seems to be a big + too.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

One thing to keep in mind is without insta clicky spell refresh you'll be vulnerable for a few seconds after casting invis/dispell. Hide does let you cast right away.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 09-18-2019, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing to keep in mind is without insta clicky spell refresh you'll be vulnerable for a few seconds after casting invis/dispell. Hide does let you cast right away.
The Tartons Wheel quest, is that sol ro? or classic?

I mean based on Rogeans post did it even seem like there was going to be a temple of sol ro patch, now that I mention it?

Well, either way, is the staff of the wheel sol ro? I think not, the staff of the temperate flux was maybe? God idk, I've never played a wizard.

If the staff of the wheel quest is around, an enchanter can do that whenever they get Invis and ITU so at a pretty low level. Which would mean they have access to a insta clicky star of eyes as soon as they want to basically.

@loramin btw check this out, what a perfect post to illustrate why I'm so dang concerned about dates and stuff on items/quests and npcs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Tartons Wheel quest, is that sol ro? or classic?

I mean based on Rogeans post did it even seem like there was going to be a temple of sol ro patch, now that I mention it?

Well, either way, is the staff of the wheel sol ro? I think not, the staff of the temperate flux was maybe? God idk, I've never played a wizard.

If the staff of the wheel quest is around, an enchanter can do that whenever they get Invis and ITU so at a pretty low level. Which would mean they have access to a insta clicky star of eyes as soon as they want to basically.

@loramin btw check this out, what a perfect post to illustrate why I'm so dang concerned about dates and stuff on items/quests and npcs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff of the wheel quest is not in at classic launch, it's a few months later, but I think before sol ro temple quests? Not sure.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...24&postcount=6
Old 09-18-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff of the wheel quest is not in at classic launch, it's a few months later, but I think before sol ro temple quests? Not sure.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...24&postcount=6
wow ok

1. Awesome find Lojik
2. Awesome work skorge
3. Holy smokes welcome back skorge I saw you post a few days ago that you were returning from like 2010 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah this makes sense, that patch was the Ice Comet patch, I remember when that came in.

Everyone was talking about this amazing new spell that got implemented called Ice Comet.

I thought it was gonna be like final fantasy.
Closed Thread