Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

That's... Really weird. Try copying eqgame.exe from the blue install to the green install
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-16-2019, 12:10 PM
Aviak

looks like green is just making headaches and to be honest this game is too old for me to go through all the technical bs again
Old 10-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Aviak

I literally copied my titanium install to a different file name. did 50f download and installed in new file. I copied my desktop icon for blue renamed it and put target file as new file.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Everything for blue still works. if I try to load green from it I get that error window as character select loads. it might just be easier to do dynamic lighting false if I want to switch between servers.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:15 PM
Aviak

ok when I check the actual eqgame.exe in new folder in properties it's target is C:/(newfilename)/(newfilename) and when I check old file eqgame.exe it's target is just the old filename once.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

The paths should be identical aside from the renamed EverQuest folder, assuming it's also located in the Sony folder
Old 10-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Aviak

I guess I'm not following. this has become a nightmare just to be able to log in. and I really don't want to mess up blue which I'm sure will eventually happen since there's becoming redundancies in files.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

I'm working from memory since I'm not at home, but I'm pretty sure my eqame.exe is located in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe
If you navigate to the Sony folder, copy that EverQuest folder and paste it into the Sony folder you should get a folder named EverQuest(Copy) or something similar. Right click, rename that to something like Green99. If you then navigate inside the green99 folder, find the eqgame.exe file and right click send to desktop. A new icon should be generated on your desktop. If you right click this new icon, go to properties there will be a box named Target with a file path in quotes. This path should match where your green99 eqgame.exe is located. If it is correct do not change it, simply put a space and patchme after the closing " ( \eqgame.exe" patchme)

That is how it has worked for me
Old 10-16-2019, 12:53 PM
Aviak

I didn't install titanium straight through program files in the order you did. I renamed my pathway due to when I first started there were suggestions to keep emulator out of the program files field. so are you saying you just copied the one eqgame.exe file or made an entire new file with all the titanium data? and I appreciate the persistence you've shown in trying to help with 1: my ignorance of fine tuning emulators 2: see #1. My emulator titanium is literally it's own file in C: drive named EverquestTitaniumEmu. will this change anything along the steps you last relayed?
Old 10-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Aviak

how you have the copy then paste into the sony so it shows copy then rename should I just copy titanium then paste it to c drive for similar effect or will this not work since there's no hierarchy file level except for c drive and the file itself
Closed Thread