Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do love the Detoxx WoT. However it’s not really a reflection of his actions these days, it’s just a reminder of the level of autism that most of us nerds here have that we are so petty that something someone said 10 years ago still matters so much today. The definition of cancel culture /shrug.

He’s a regular blue fixture, I’ve really enjoyed playing with him.
Y'all been fooled. Detoxx is a gravely-voiced teddy bear who regularly let rivals and enemies into his guilds. Hell, he even went to bat for them when more narrow-minded people (including me) wanted nothing to do with letting them in.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the math stacks against letting Detoxx join. Detoxx and maybe 10-12 cronies join vs 50 existing members leaving.

Net loss.
You say this as if losing 38 to 40 people would be a noticeable impact on Riot's roster size.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You say this as if losing 38 to 40 people would be a noticeable impact on Riot's roster size.
Compared to what?
Old 09-14-2020, 07:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingurs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah imagine posting on a forum of a game you don't play.

Please stop owning yourself.
But I do play the game?

I certainly don't play p99 raidquest though. No one should.

"Competitive raiding", hahahaha
Old 09-14-2020, 08:11 PM
Banned

This is the shit some of us highlighted in past threads.

Way too dang serious over the game (albeit mostly the raid scene).

It really should change for the over-all health of the community.
The staff doesn't need the headache anymore. Pretty soon you won't even have Galach around to administrate disputes.

Psychos burnt Cylock out in literally 2 weeks or something. I spoke to him daily - super awesome guy - but when you're dealing with the dedication or sheer insanity displayed by some individuals day in and day out - it takes a toll.

Most of you probably don't really give a shit, but heck I do. We all enjoy this stuff from time to time. And I sure bet the staff start out enjoying it in the prospect of helping people.

But continual actions negating said spirit just leaves an awful feeling to everyone involved. Anyone can change if they want to.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spoke to him daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but when you're dealing with the dedication or sheer insanity displayed by some individuals day in and day out
Not particularly disagreeing. Just wanted to point this out.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:19 PM
Banned

Pointing what out? That I enjoyed talking to the guy?

Having a conversation with someone to see how they are doing is a lot different than what you know I was referencing.

Don't get it twisted bud.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um then it would be paradigm shift doing pickup vindi raids again....
Old 09-14-2020, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Heard it here folks, Riot doesnt value their members or their contributions. Just another number in a very...very long line. Real nice guild to be in I see, use you then discard you when you dont matter anymore.

Join the Riot today!
Old 09-14-2020, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard it here folks, Riot doesnt value their members or their contributions. Just another number in a very...very long line. Real nice guild to be in I see, use you then discard you when you dont matter anymore.

Join the Riot today!
That's the opposite of what they said, actually. That letting in one person isnt worth losing about 40 and their contributions lol
Closed Thread