Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 06:50 AM
Sarnak

Default Will I do more damage as Dual Wield as 42 Monk?

So I currently have a Peacebringer and have leveled pretty much my entire monk career as 2hand. First with Wu's Quivering Staff, then upgrading to a Peacebringer after farming all the spiderling silk in the world.

I'm 42 and wondering if I'd do more damage with Dual wielding. I understand how Dual wield suffers a bit more due to Riposte from the mobs, but I can handle that if I gain damage.

If the answer as to whether it is possible to do more damage as dual wield yes, what caliber of weapons would I need as a level 42 monk in order for it to work?
Old 08-30-2018, 07:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I currently have a Peacebringer and have leveled pretty much my entire monk career as 2hand. First with Wu's Quivering Staff, then upgrading to a Peacebringer after farming all the spiderling silk in the world.

I'm 42 and wondering if I'd do more damage with Dual wielding. I understand how Dual wield suffers a bit more due to Riposte from the mobs, but I can handle that if I gain damage.

If the answer as to whether it is possible to do more damage as dual wield yes, what caliber of weapons would I need as a level 42 monk in order for it to work?
I traded my IFS for AC/SoS around 50 if that helps
Old 08-31-2018, 05:21 AM
Sarnak

That helps. Thanks guys.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:24 AM
Fire Giant

i asked the same before, someone posted below and i am able to verify as i level to 54

DPS wise.......Dual wield better up to about 30, then 2hb better until high 40's / 50, then back to dual wield
Old 10-03-2018, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Get gamparse and check for yourself (Note: Your dps is highly dependant on mob ac and level difference between mob and you )
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Try duel wielding peacebringer with offhand!
Old 10-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

If you are soloing then I would NOT recommend Peacebringer much at all. That 10 weight is nasty and I always felt like i could see myself taking more damage once i passed that weight cap. Of course you can ignore this if you have ALL the tink bags for the loots
Old 10-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Weight cap ac doesnt mean shit till 52+, go ahead and be 35 weight all the time.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

I switched to Adamantite Club/Stave of Shielding at 50. Possibly could have swapped sooner, but they proc at 50. I still keep IFS bagged for DS'd mobs or if I don't want to pull aggro with stun procs.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Kobold

SoS are so expensive now. IDK. I have such a hard time stomaching 7k for one. That is like most of a chardok metal pipe MQ.

I have been using my IFS still at 51, and my damage seems fine. You guys think IFS prices will skyrocket with chardok 2.0?