Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLegit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude i hear you, I didn't realize it wasn't popular until i played P99 and it was dead. I was a ranger, eventually i was forced to reroll and play in Gfay. However, i spent plenty of time running around my favorite areas prior. Gnoll fangs > CB belts for sure. Man now i want to go to Qeynos next time i log in.
Same. I started my toon on p99 as a half elf druid till I realized Qeynos was dead and re-rolled a wood elf. I love Qeynos Hills. I'm not sure why - objectively, there's not a lot going on in that zone. Just nostalgic, I guess. But that's why I started a thread about Jaggedpine and an SFG port to open up that zone.

Also, Qeynos is just such a nicer city in general than Freeport. It's all pretty and tidy with vines growing on the brick. Freeport is a damn desert with piles of shit everywhere.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primordial Ooze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same. I started my toon on p99 as a half elf druid till I realized Qeynos was dead and re-rolled a wood elf. I love Qeynos Hills. I'm not sure why - objectively, there's not a lot going on in that zone. Just nostalgic, I guess. But that's why I started a thread about Jaggedpine and an SFG port to open up that zone.

Also, Qeynos is just such a nicer city in general than Freeport. It's all pretty and tidy with vines growing on the brick. Freeport is a damn desert with piles of shit everywhere.
Not to mention easier to navigate by far. And Blackburrow is an awesome place to level. It’s really too bad no one groups there, that is the one classic experience I want to have that I still haven’t. That zone was a blast grouping on live.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:46 AM
Aviak

Doomfire, The Burning Lands aka Plane of Fire.

Everything about that zone was grim and imposing from the scenery to Blazzax & the spider queen.

The first time you see him, Fennin Ro is just flat out terrifying.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Demiplane of Blood was probably my favorite raid zone. Nearly every one of those fights separated the people who sucked from those who didn't. One random person could easily wipe the raid if they failed to follow some of the scripts.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Demiplane of blood was one interesting zone for sure.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:01 PM
Banned

oasis/timorous deep
the feerott / guk comes close
gfay for the ambiance
Old 12-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try setting your alarm clock to Kelethin. Honestly made waking up easier in the morning lol. Hard to be mad waking up to that score.
great idea
Old 12-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ain't nothing as scary as a train with Crush & Dvinn in it.
Except when trying to zone to escape that train, only to zone right into another train on the other side. Then having to zone back, hoping the first train was gone. I called that zone ping-pong.

I definitely have fond memories of Gfay and Crushbone. I remember being on my wizard at the path from the orc lift, when someone ran by with a train. I went to root one. But, when the root landed, the orc was on the lift. The orc went up and down twice, then back up. It was gone when the lift came back now. I laughed so hard seeing that orc going up and down on that lift. Not sure where the guards were all that time, but I didn't see them anywhere. I wish I took screen shots of that orc on the lift.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I laughed so hard seeing that orc going up and down on that lift. Not sure where the guards were all that time, but I didn't see them anywhere. I wish I took screen shots of that orc on the lift.
They were probably off helping some other people with trains lol. Can't count how many times people would train to that orc lift, those guards should have been gettin paid overtime. Can't think of any zone where the guards were more active than at Orc Lift.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
They were probably off helping some other people with trains lol. Can't count how many times people would train to that orc lift, those guards should have been gettin paid overtime. Can't think of any zone where the guards were more active than at Orc Lift.
Maybe west freeport gate guards lol. always bashing some skeleton or chasing someone to the zoneline who came in to bank,
Closed Thread