Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Default Drosco the Zombie

This mob is severly bugged or played by a GM on the GREEN server. Hitting this mob will sometimes result in a bug where it loses no HP even though it is being hit with melee and spells.
Last edited by Quest815; 08-31-2021 at 01:27 PM..
Old 08-31-2021, 04:48 PM
Project Manager

Could not replicate.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:46 AM
Kobold

You could not replicate me hitting mobs with my spells (ones that should take the hp down a huge chunk). While there being no resists. And the mobs hp not moving at all ?Well then this is going to be a problem then because although i couldn't believe it, i clearly saw it. And i think much attention needs to be drawn to what goes on here.
Old 09-03-2021, 04:29 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest815 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could not replicate me hitting mobs with my spells (ones that should take the hp down a huge chunk). While there being no resists. And the mobs hp not moving at all ?Well then this is going to be a problem then because although i couldn't believe it, i clearly saw it. And i think much attention needs to be drawn to what goes on here.
post logs
Old 09-04-2021, 10:09 AM
Skeleton

it is definitely not being "played by a gm". Are you using a /target command in any way? if you see this happen again, hit escape to deselect the mob then click it. Then be aware that this happens when you use /target <whatever> in some scenarios
Old 09-04-2021, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Targeting bug is old. When it happens (usually after gaining target via /assist or "target nearest npc" hotlkey when mob is out of visual range), there are 2 effects:
- your character's melee/range and secondary (i.e. bash/kick) attacks will not happen (no damage, no threat generation, no animation), and
- the mob's hp bar will not update when others hit it or it is damaged by yours or others' spells (including a DS on you)

Workaround is as whydothis says: you must lose target on the mob (either use escape to drop target or change to another target) and retarget it. It does not work to double-tap tab in this situation, tabbing to yourself and back to the target will not clear the bug. You must click on the target, assist somebody else, or use a /target command after losing/changing targets.

@nilbog:
it is easy to replicate this bug in a zone with reduced visual range (Qeynos Catacombs, for instance) by using "target nearest NPC" to get target on a mob you can't see yet. A pathing mob like Argyn Shieldstan who has a long straight portion of his path with no other mobs in los, for instance:
1. face the spectre spawn area from near Drosco's spawn point when Argyn is out on his stroll,
2. with Argyn out of sight, hit 'target nearest npc' until Argyn appears on your target, which will occur before Argyn comes into view,
3. at this point you may cast on Argyn, if your cast does damage his hp bar will not update altho he will be affected by the spell and will agro, when Argyn closes to melee range your melee attacks will not have any effect.
4. if you lose/change target and then retarget Argyn the bug is cleared
Last edited by kaev; 09-04-2021 at 12:56 PM..
Old 09-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Er, I misremembered how I used to target Argyn while camping him. I don't know if 'target nearest npc' will give you the bug, but using a hotkey with "/tar Argyn" will get target before he comes into visual range and that target will be bugged as described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Targeting bug is old. When it happens (usually after gaining target via /assist or /target when mob is out of visual range), there are 2 effects:
- your character's melee/range and secondary (i.e. bash/kick) attacks will not happen (no damage, no threat generation, no animation), and
- the mob's hp bar will not update when others hit it or it is damaged by yours or others' spells (including a DS on you)

Workaround is as whydothis says: you must lose target on the mob (either use escape to drop target or change to another target) and retarget it. It does not work to double-tap tab in this situation, tabbing to yourself and back to the target will not clear the bug. You must click on the target, assist somebody else, or use a /target command after losing/changing targets.

@nilbog:
it is easy to replicate this bug in a zone with reduced visual range (Qeynos Catacombs, for instance) by using /target to get target on a mob you can't see yet. A pathing mob like Argyn Shieldstan who has a long straight portion of his path with no other mobs in los, for instance:
1. face the spectre spawn area from near Drosco's spawn point when Argyn is out on his stroll,
2. with Argyn out of sight, use the command "/tar Argyn" or a hotkey macro with that text until Argyn appears on your target, which will occur before Argyn comes into view,
3. at this point you may cast on Argyn, if your cast does damage his hp bar will not update altho he will be affected by the spell and will agro, when Argyn closes to melee range your melee attacks will not have any effect.
4. if you lose/change target and then retarget Argyn the bug is cleared
Old 09-04-2021, 01:37 PM
Kobold

ah well thats good that its a bug. Because i was wondering if there was an explanation for this. As a wizard, its like a full resist without the mob actually resisting.. it made me open my mouth and eyes wide and think wtf.
Last edited by Quest815; 09-04-2021 at 01:40 PM..
Old 09-04-2021, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest815 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ah well thats good that its a bug. Because i was wondering if there was an explanation for this. As a wizard, its like a full resist without the mob actually resisting.. it made me open my mouth and eyes wide and think wtf.
Spell damage is still applied, if you nuke the mob hard enough to kill it without clearing the bug in the process it will appear to go from full health to dead with your last cast. At least that's been my experience.