Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Bump for classic Velious helmets.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:29 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Bump, my Erudite Shadow Knight and Cazic Thule are like *this* but this faceless thing has gone too far.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of an old thread but the Noctivagant Crown from Growth has no graphic on my ogre shadow knight's head. No quest giver of course so can't turn it in for any customization.
While I am not 100% on this, in reading the patch note history, originally there was a mention of no graphics at all on Velious helms due to players being 'unhappy' with the helm for their class. It was later in timeline that custom helms were patched in to give players the option to use a helmet.

That would reason that PoG gear and non-customized velious helmets had no graphic, so your helm is working as intended.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Banned

The ogre helmet should literally block your vision whenever you melee for a while on the timeline

Have fun implementing that piece of classic history
Old 05-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Found the patch note regarding Velious helms with no graphics:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010404.html

Bolded the quoted note for emphasis:
Quote:
Velious racial plate helm quests have been added that will allow you to 'trade in' your existing helms for ones with textures. We have decided to allow the players (or their characters) to chose whether they wish to have the new helmet textures or to continue to use helmets that show no graphics.
In regards to helmets blocking vision, classssssic until 6/27/2001!
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html

Quote:
Helms on Barbarians, Trolls, and Ogres should no longer block the first person view when in combat.
Interesting enough, it seems like some of the custom helms we have shouldn't have been implemented until later in velious timeline (8/15/2001)?

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010815.html

Quote:
Added a few crowns to the list of items that can be traded in for new crowns with new textures. The same NPCs that were interested in trading out your helms will now trade your crowns. Please keep in mind that they will not be trading them back to you. Once you get the new look it's yours to keep, even if it clashes with your favorite eye shadow.
I admittedly don't know which these are, but I would guess it is the helms off Dain / Tormax / Yeli / Zlandicar. Maybe helm of the tracker? Not sure if that is customizable.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

It seems that some of the helms did at one point have a graphic (silver classic plate). Linked below are a number of conflicting accounts, most being within the classic timeline with a few exceptions to cross-reference.

Also, it's worth noting that currently on P99 the Helm of the Untamed (Hate 2.0) does have a graphic (green chain).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4516
Quote:
look
#Jan 15 2001 at 3:28 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
It looks like a steel helm on all races? Page top
#Anonymous, Posted: Jan 13 2001 at 2:37 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) What does this look like?? If it looks like the SSB, that sux! Hope it has no graphics.
RE: Looks
#Jan 13 2001 at 6:51 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I wish it did look different. I just got one of these the other day, and it looks just like a normal plate helm on a female barbarian. I assume this holds true for all other races.

Symbiosis Starshine
Soulsek Ro
? Page top
RE: Looks
#Jan 13 2001 at 8:09 AMRating: Excellent
ErylFlynn
11 posts
It's quite possible that til they fix the new armor helm graphic bug there will be no graphic for it. You will have to wait til they fix it.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4749
Quote:
Looks
#Sep 25 2001 at 2:49 AMRating: Decent
Lanerin
21 posts
When you first get it from Leifur, it has no look at all. You have to give it to Royal Armorer Slade in Icewell Keep to have it customized. On woodelves, the final helmet has that weird lobsterlook.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5791
Quote:
Why its custom
#May 02 2001 at 5:51 PMRating: Excellent
Zzaris
9 posts
The original helms did not have the advanced graphic that was recently introduced, and to distinguish between the two they labled it custom. This way those who had the pre-graphic helm can still do the quest to get the custom helm and are sure that they are turning in the right piece of gear.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4474
Quote:
about the graphic
#Sep 16 2001 at 6:47 PMRating: Default
neuroshock
11 posts
Guys everyone is right. I spoke with a lvl 60 cleric of tunare High Elf who had this and his graphic looked like the white tiger head over yours. Was cool.
He said that in INITIALLY looked like the other description (glass face shield etc.) but there is a quest you can do that changes the graphic.
Once the quest is done the helmet is prefixed by the word CUSTOM in its description.
I verified that by inspecting ppl with both helmets and sure enuf the tiger one always says custom. I am curious as to how the custom looks on other races. (the guy indicated the graphic was RACE dependant not class dependant..so would be cool to find out what it looks like on other clerics!)
Ahh well..hope this sheds some light.
Be safe...you guys are all my hero's!

Trafalgar.

RE: Graphics changed...
#Aug 02 2001 at 1:50 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I saw a High Elf cleric with one on the other day. On her it looked like a very ornate, gold, fine plate helm, with a glass face shield over the front of it. Like a riot helmet.

what does the helm graphic look like
#Jan 10 2001 at 11:10 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
what's it look like equiped?
? Page top
RE: what does the helm graphic look like
#Jan 11 2001 at 12:17 AMRating: Default
Ternada
3 posts
No Graphic actually, much like Crown of the Froglok King. Personally very pleased with it as I despise helmets.
RE: what does the helm graphic look like
#Jan 11 2001 at 3:43 PMRating: Default
Radcliffe
15 posts
Me too, being a dwarf most of the helm graphics blow. I much prefer the bare head look.
? Page top
might have added helm graphics in latest patch
#Feb 01 2001 at 7:49 PMRating: Default
Xitara
141 posts
The last patch, 01/31/2001, The mentioned adding some art and whatnot to the game. Might have added some helm graphics.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5346
Quote:
RE: Owwkayyy
#Aug 31 2001 at 10:21 PMRating: Decent
Lawman
19 posts
The helm hasnt any "look" in its no custom state...there isnt a graphic for it. Just like there isnt a graphic for Guardian armor helm from Skyshrine.

Great stats, and no more human bucket helm
#Mar 26 2001 at 10:15 AMRating: Decent
Mistyq
6 posts
This requires a Corroded plate Helm from the giants near the arena in Kael Drakkal and 3 crushed corals. At least on a human female, it has no graphic whatsoever like a Crown of the Froglock Kings, etc.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5148
Quote:
graphic-less?
#Oct 21 2002 at 11:46 AMRating: Decent
kbonners
1 post
I just completed the quest for this helm and I'm somewhat disappointed to see that there is a graphic for this helmet. (I'm a high elf and using luclin grachics I have the "Trojan Man" helm.)

I had thought that velious quest helms were graphic-less until customized, is this not the case? I have some plate-wearing friends with Thurg (pally) and SS (SK) helms and they are graphic-less with Luclin models on. Was this changed recently or has the Kael pally helm always had a graphic?

Carranthir
Crusader of Tunare
Solusek Ro

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5646
Quote:
RE: color
#Nov 14 2001 at 9:09 PMRating: Decent
aelven
5 posts
It's not red. All the velious quest helms look the same for a certain race. So if you are a Dark Elf for example, all the quest helms (Darkruned, Blood Lord's and Malevolent) have the same color -silver grey. Colors for the rest of the SK quest pieces are as follows:

Darkruned: Silver grey, exactly like Guardian Armor - thats the only set that matches with the helm color
Blood Lord's: Very dark Indigo, blue-black
Malevolent: Dull medium red
EverQuest: The Shadows of Luclin, was released on December 4, 2001,

Quote:
Helm Graphics
#Jun 17 2002 at 8:20 AMRating: Decent
deckwish
Scholar
27 posts
I just got the helm quest done and I was bummed out that there wasn't a graphic for this helm at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am using luclin graphics and saw nothing. Is this correct? And if so is there a simple quest in SS to get a "Custom" crown like there is in Thurg?

Any help would be great.

Farashaa lvl 56 SK Bertoxx

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4516
Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Has a graphic
#Oct 14 2003 at 3:42 PMRating: Decent
Lady Crystessia
12 posts
I just got one for my female DE warrior and it's a skull graphic. I thought these had no graphics until you customized it? It a great helm, tho I am disappointed about it having a graphic.
#Jul 01 2002 at 1:35 PMRating: Decent
lunaticfringesk
Scholar
399 posts
All I can tell ya is that Im an IKS SK also & I show no graphic at all & I am using Lucin graphics on also =(

Lunatic

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5358

Quote:
WAY KEWL
#May 19 2001 at 1:29 PMRating: Sub-Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
the graphic on this item is SUPERB !!!!!
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5168

Quote:
Depends
#Jul 23 2001 at 8:28 AMRating: Decent
Apallohadas
261 posts
Depends on your race. Verant still has a problem making a graphic for Erudites. Your head is the color of your gloves. For everyone else, it has a graphic.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4994
Quote:
Graphic
#Nov 11 2001 at 6:18 PMRating: Decent
tanae Defender of Justice
10 posts
I was told that this was the only one of the three velious quest helms for shaman that has a graphic (like a SSB). Can anyone confirm this? And is it possible to get the helm without a graphic?
? Page top
RE: Graphic
#Apr 24 2002 at 4:37 PMRating: Decent
Vulk
10 posts
I am a Troll Shammy of the 54th Lvl and just got mine yesterday. I can confirm that on me it looks exactly the same as SSB(plate helm) and cannot be Customized to look otherwise as far as I know. I'm kinda disappointed that it has no Velious look.

looks
#Aug 09 2001 at 3:38 AMRating: Decent
MandicusLifescourge
Scholar
397 posts
Dunno what it looks like but I REALLY hope it looks like the wolf helm. POG drops have been nerfed to look like crap on barbarians... IE they look like full light orange tunics and white skull shaped barbute looking helms..

I really hope the barbarian shaman quest helms still have the wolf grapic. I'd trade my soul for one of those bad *** helms.

As with the other quest items...

corroded chain armor drops off like lvl 55+ mobs in arena. gems seem to drop most in sirens grotto or geonid cave in wakening lands.. man I hope I get a wolf helm... UBER.

Looks?
#Mar 02 2001 at 3:05 PMRating: Decent
Gardeltron
3 posts
Anyone know what this looks like? Does it look as silly as the PoG helm?
? Page top
RE: Looks?
#Mar 02 2001 at 11:37 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Looks like a plate helmet. Horns and all. People thinks it's a skull-shaped Barbute.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5302
Quote:
RE: No graphics on this
#Aug 09 2001 at 9:49 AMRating: Decent
McSnapple
6 posts
Hmmmm, no graphic at all? Or the default bear head, etc.? If the later, do you have your Velious graphics turned on in your .ini file?
? Page top
RE: No graphics on this
#Jan 29 2002 at 4:14 AMRating: Decent
Ach the Wise
9 posts
Actually, although this is quite a while later to be answering this question and I'm sure you know, the graphic has been fixed for all.

Spirit Callers Helm
#Jun 11 2001 at 7:12 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I'd actually like to keep my horns. If they want to add a graphic, I remember when totemic came out, it was a right of passage to get your horns. /shrug
? Page top
Spirit Callers Helm
#Mar 17 2001 at 11:50 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
There is no Graphic for at least Trolls.
Beelziod
? Page top
RE: Spirit Callers Helm
#Mar 18 2001 at 3:47 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Yeah, alot the velious helms dont have a graphic, the only 1 I've seen is the ulthork one, I know sentry doesnt show also

Bob
? Page top
#Mar 19 2001 at 3:00 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I believe they are fixing this fairly soon. Not supposed to be that way?
? Page top
#Mar 27 2001 at 2:17 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Personally I like the 'no graphicl look. Especially if these end up being chain or something. =P
Old 10-04-2020, 02:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Bump... Can we please fix Erudite custom male helm tearing? It's been 5 years....
Old 12-19-2020, 04:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default erudite female custom helm bug... still?

So is the fact that the hood graphic displays along with the custom helm graphic?

Image attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg erudite helm.JPG (21.5 KB, 202 views)
Old 12-19-2020, 08:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default any word on fixing erudite female helms?

Any word on when we will get a fix to erudite female helms?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg erudite helm.JPG (21.5 KB, 200 views)
Old 02-01-2021, 06:22 AM
Sarnak

bump , would be awesome to fix, it's really ugly atm