Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you segregate food items as you eat them?
Yes, and I've always done it because i am a boring person 4 21.05%
Nope, that's retarded 4 21.05%
Yes, but it just happened randomly kinda liek with you 2 10.53%
Nope, sounds fucked up to me. 5 26.32%
Bush segregated the good buildings from the bad ones 8 42.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure it’s an indicator of severe OCD/communist sympathizer. Not shoveling your food into your mouth is unamerican. Watching a girl I worked with eat one piece of popcorn at a time drove me crazy.

If you’re just talking about individually enjoying things you’re eating instead of mixing them up, that’s pretty normal. OCD kicks in when you freak about food touching like my aunt does. And this is why she has a kid who rejects any perceived flaw in her made in China toys. Which is precisely how I got a sweet stuffed pikachu last year, so I’m cool with it.
grats on the shitty one-eared flat-tailed stuffie
Old 03-12-2019, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chicken tastes like delicious to masticate imo.
Livers sure. Breasts ehhhh. Ill eat all the fat and skin tho.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Banned

In the old days, people mixed their food. They collected everything there was to eat and mixed it together for meals. But IDK if you eat the various portions one at a time it makes much difference health-wise...as long as you eat all the various portions within a 20 minute window or so.

One of the various step dads I had in my life was big on this idea of eating one bite of every portion clockwise around your plate. He was very particular about how people eat. He allowed me to eat all my vegetables at once though because I didn't like them and wanted to get it over with first.

I always eat all my vegetables and got dessert. My brother around my age, always refused and sat at the table for hours sulking. When my mom came home from work and caught my stepdad trying to force a spoon of spinach in my brothers mouth -- she put a stop to all that. She was only with him like 5 minutes.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Banned

It's also worth noting that sometimes people get weird about what they eat, how they eat etc. when they lack control over their lives. They do this as a way to kind of have control over their own behaviors. Especially kids.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also worth noting that sometimes people get weird about what they eat, how they eat etc. when they lack control over their lives. They do this as a way to kind of have control over their own behaviors. Especially kids.
Yep. That's probably why I was really weird about it.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
segregation is wrong OP
See, I disagree.

Let's say you're eating a luscious dinner. Straight from a melting pot.

You have sweet, pristine white corn at one corner, black olives at another, and then a glob of refried beans (who somehow found it's way on your plate, even though they don't even belong with the dish)

When you mix them all together, it creates stomach aches. The white corn uses the tongue to prevent the black olives from blending well in your mouth. They used to be a lot better at this but they're slowly becoming replaced. They could maintain their numbers if each kernel had at least two baby kernels.

Also, despite the fact that black olives make up 13% of your plate, they cause over 50% of indigestion. And don't get me started on refried beans. Every year the plate gets more beanier. It's like someone is using a spoon to catapult beans onto our plate.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See, I disagree.

You have sweet, pristine white corn at one corner, black olives at another, and then a glob of refried beans (who somehow found it's way on your plate, even though they don't even belong with the dish)

When you mix them all together, it creates stomach aches. The white corn uses the tongue to prevent the black olives from blending well in your mouth. They used to be a lot better at this but they're slowly becoming replaced. They could maintain their numbers if each kernel had at least two baby kernels.

Also, despite the fact that black olives make up 13% of your plate, they cause over 50% of indigestion. And don't get me started on refried beans. Every year the plate gets more beanier. It's like someone is using a spoon to catapult beans onto our plate.
*gives Pupperoni* nice trick boy
Old 03-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See, I disagree.

Olives are pure fat. There are better ways to get healthy fat.

Some beans here and there are quite healthy for you -- but you wouldn't want to overdo it. Especially shitty refried beans. Just a spoonful of healthier beans or two is all you need. Otherwise you get fat and gassy.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. I used to eat this way as a kid, and I also had a cousin who kind of took it to the extreme: he would literally eat all of one type of food, rotate his plate 90 degrees, eat all of the next type of food, rotate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But we both grew out of it.

In general children like simpler foods (and dislike complex ones, especially spicy foods) because they have more taste buds. As you grow up and drink hot liquids, you slowly damage your taste buds, making complex/spicy flavors less so, and that's why adults tend to prefer those flavors while kids don't.

Not sure if that's the only factor involved (probably not, I'm no tongue doctor), and it certainly doesn't explain Melon's behavior, but /shrug.
Interesting! Do you liek spicy foods? I hadn't thought how other preferences have changed alongside this, but realized it also happens to coincide with greatly increased affinity for bitterness and comparably reduced tolerance for sweets. prefer my coffee black.

Quote:
Pretty sure it’s an indicator of severe OCD/communist sympathizer. Not shoveling your food into your mouth is unamerican. Watching a girl I worked with eat one piece of popcorn at a time drove me crazy.
that was my fear ;n;

Quote:
If you’re just talking about individually enjoying things you’re eating instead of mixing them up, that’s pretty normal. OCD kicks in when you freak about food touching like my aunt does. And this is why she has a kid who rejects any perceived flaw in her made in China toys. Which is precisely how I got a sweet stuffed pikachu last year, so I’m cool with it.
yeah, it's been an unconcious change from the intentional mixing that had defined my previous eating habits.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Olives are pure fat. There are better ways to get healthy fat.

Some beans here and there are quite healthy for you -- but you wouldn't want to overdo it. Especially shitty refried beans. Just a spoonful of healthier beans or two is all you need. Otherwise you get fat and gassy.
shout out to healthy beans:

natto

eat it.