Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

In my mind Teams OOC would incentivize battles across norrath.
"So and so just ran into xyz dungeon with a small crew. Let's load up and dump on them."

OF course this could be reverted if it doesnt work out and turns into a drug fueled rant in ooc every day.

But that's just a small part of this. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on red 2.0 and what they'd like to see. The world is your oyster, just get fkin get banned.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Serverwide team ooc would be a good thing imo. Cut down on the toxic spam that scares the bluebies. If it’s just your team you figure it’d just be friendly stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-07-2021, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

If play some pvp if it was fresh. One thing I do t understand about p99 pvp is spell damage. Can anyone tell me why they nerfed spell damage in pvp? I’d at least like to see wizards get full pvp spell damage since they don’t have any other offensive ability (I guess snare and root too).
Old 09-07-2021, 11:28 PM
Aviak

If you're not playing EverQuest PvP in 2021 specifically FOR the ooc trash talk, I'm unsure what you're doing
Old 09-08-2021, 09:47 AM
Banned

Spell dmgd unnerfed and itemloot is what made this game good.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:41 AM
Kobold

All terrible ideas. You are all idiots
Old 09-09-2021, 03:51 AM
Fire Giant

I don't care about /ooc or not. I think 10 level cap, activation should only last until 30 or 50 and then be completely removed. I don't think it should be a gold standard but would be fun every now and then.

Hard to pick between Rallos and teams. After thinking about it I will miss the solo play of non-teams. For the Rallos players who take pride in item loot, I did for the same way for pvp level range of Sullon.

I might have ruined Sullon Zek though. It was fun for a bit (Until EQ was undeniably bad.) but I probably unknowingly ruined the reputation of the good team. So that's a negative of team servers. Maybe an ability to vote to remove a guild from a faction, so that people running around pking, like I did, don't ruin one team forever.

I'm non-pk now. Maybe after 20 more red servers it might change. Being a pk gets old.
Last edited by A Knight; 09-09-2021 at 03:54 AM..
Old 09-09-2021, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Sadly anti PK vs PK is pretty dead and seems like all teams on a p99 server are going to be PK murdering slime teams..meta style.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Why are we still talking about this … give it a break it won’t happen
Old 09-09-2021, 01:50 PM
Banned

this is my idea for a new pvp ruleset

-you can only be attacked by people 5 levels above you and 5 levels below, in order to

prevent high levels farming newbies for fun

-items may be looted off a corpse of a player but it has to be in their inventory (this includes coins with exception of high end raid items)

-once killed you will have 5 minutes of invulnerability from players. Attacking another player will instantly remove invulnerability

-attacking another player will change your name color to red and killing a player will change it to something else (some new color idk)

-certain zones are hardcore meaning any level can be attacked there (lv 60 can attack lv 45)

-if you have a red name or a death tag ( meaning you killed someone), you are not permitted to enter cities without being attacked by guards

Just some ideas to mess around with. Definitely not classic but I got most of these ideas

from runescape and deadman mode lol
Closed Thread