Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone working in healthcare is obligated to understand their scope of practice, and obviously not work outside of it. This is drilled into your head in school.

So if anyone, furry or otherwise (I remember it being the furries here- unsung and whale biologist are furries??), tries to diagnose you on a video game forum:

1. They dumb
2. Fuck all that shit

I was studying some basic pharmacology today!! Amphetamines are sympathomimetic drugs that affect the CNS. Causes release of norepinephrine and dopamine from the postsynaptic knobs of the brain. We on that inhibitory neurotransmitter shit y'all!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d never try to diagnose someone online, that’s ridiculous. Anyone that tries is probably lying about what they do

And you are right, I have to stay within my scope. So when starkind says “why don’t people look at their diets or lifestyles” those are good points, those are points I have too. But that is not my function. I am not educated or trained in nutrition, although I know a lot about it, and I am not a life coach. I am there as a mental health professional, and have to stay within my scope

Secondly, I always tell general mental health clients “there are no side effects to something like counseling, I suggest you start there”

I think Cecily misunderstands my defense of prescribing antipsychotics for people with serious mental illness psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia that I am some kind of a pill pusher. I’m not!

But for someone with acute psychosis, yes, they should try antipsychotics and yes that is even considering the side effects. If I had schizophrenia, I pray my family would assist me on getting on those medications. This usually falls to the outside supports because when a person is living that nightmare of constant delusions and hallucinations, they have no “insight” into the fact they are not real. They are as real to them as the keyboard you are typing on is to you. So it falls on their supports or mental health professionals to get them help at that point

And once again, for those people, the alternative is becoming homeless, walking around or running away from imaginary things talking to oneself until a particular delusion causes something much worse to happen, such as suicide or homicide. You cannot counsel someone out of something like acute psychosis, and it does not tend to ever spontaneously go away on its own unless it was drug induced
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-15-2021 at 08:24 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 08:21 PM
Banned

When psychology gets me past the grave ill start studying it. Yo logic, resurrect the dead!

And yea magic is real. But it's God that powers it.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d never try to diagnose someone online, that’s ridiculous. Anyone that tries is probably lying about what they do

And you are right, I have to stay within my scope. So when starkind says “why don’t people look at their diets or lifestyles” those are good points, those are points I have to. But that is not my function. I am not educated or trained in nutrition, although I know a lot about it, and I am not a life coach. I am there as a mental health professional, and have to stay within my scope

Secondly, I always tell general mental health clients “there are no side effects to something like counseling, I suggest you start there”

I think Cecily misunderstands my defense of prescribing antipsychotics for people with serious mental illness psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia that I am some kind of a pill pusher. I’m not!

But for someone with acute psychosis, yes, they should try antipsychotics and yes that is even considering the side effects. If I had schizophrenia, I pray my family would assist me on getting on those medications. This usually falls to the outside supports because when a person is living that nightmare of constant delusions and hallucinations, they have no “insight” into the fact they are not real. They are as real to them as the keyboard you are typing on is to you. So it falls on their supports or mental health professionals to get them help at that point

And once again, for those people, the alternative is becoming homeless, walking around or running away from imaginary things talking to oneself until a particular delusion causes something much worse to happen, such as suicide or homicide. You cannot counsel someone out of something like acute psychosis, and it does not tend to ever spontaneously go away on its own unless it was drug induced
lol
Old 09-15-2021, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kanly vendetta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is a threat I accept it with open arms!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want to see you bleed <3
Old 09-15-2021, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2021, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no reason those ads should be legal.
I dunno dude look how happy you could be-

*and with a low risk of sexual side effects!
Old 09-15-2021, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

And I have to say it's nice... that there's a low risk of sexual side effects.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I have to say it's nice... that there's a low risk of sexual side effects.
*Statement barely meets correlation coefficient standards from our funded research on our funded patients that gets approved to be put on television by our funded government employees.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:58 PM
Banned

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, miss Lewinsky."
"I was in the schoolhouse and I saw on TV the first plane hit the building."
"One must not insult a prophet of Islam."
"The Mega Powers will crumble the Twin Towers!"
"That's when we made the decision to pull it."
"And that's when a missi... plane hit the Pentagon."

The first three quotes were by U.S. Presidents.
Fourth is Randy Savage in the 1989 WWE Tag Team Main Event.
The last two quotes have long been removed from Youtube. In knew in 1994 that the internet would become fully controlled by the governments.
Last edited by Mesocyclone; 09-15-2021 at 09:03 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If this is a threat I accept it with open arms
You begin casting Magnification.
Closed Thread