Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 02:56 PM
Banned

No one cares about anyone but number one and their sexual organ. And memory cards.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:59 PM
Banned

Ok the guy in the second video is a well known high profile conservative, I recognized him immediately

He seems to be expressing (I believe, I just skimmed the vid) that psychiatric disorders are over-diagnosed in America and the world, and this is very likely true. I can explain why:

It’s easier to get a more accurate diagnosis with a psychiatrist that has worked with a person long enough to know their baseline level of functioning, behavior, and communication. For example, a person may have poor communication skills (kids are a good example of this), and feel they need to say an extreme thing to be heard or understood, or even to express how they feel. So a kid who is merely upset might express this as “I wish I were dead, I want to kill myself” to their doctor. Now a doctor just meeting that child might conclude this child is depressed and suicidal, and doesn’t realize that this particular kid says this any time they get upset. This is just an example to show the vulnerability of a questions-based assessment when you don’t know the person’s baseline behavior. Ideally, the person would eventually have a regular psychiatrist who would learn their behavior, or have that info coordinated by their case manager or counselor

We don’t yet have a way to test brain chemical levels with a scan, so we rely on the person answering questions. Do they have a personality to catastrophize things (make a mountain out of a molehill is the expression), and are not really depressed due to a chemical imbalance? Or they just poor at expressing how they feel with their words? Or are they lying on purpose for some other ulterior motive? These are the vulnerabilities of a question-based evaluation process

That’s the real reason for over-diagnosis, not some sinister plot
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-15-2021 at 03:06 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's probably a million reasons she was having a psychotic break. Pretty hard to judge from here. Maybe she was abused and given antidepressants and no one addressed that abuse so she kept upping the dose just to make it to school or work or whatever. And there's some actual root reason for her paranoia even if her parents aren't actually imposters.

The thing is you can't just proscribe meds and expect ppl to be OK. Even if the people have brain injuries or are really out of touch with reality. Giving them energy pills + zombie pills which dampen empathy because bipolar looks great on paper is a great way to wind up with a homicide or suicide. Or both.

I blame the ignorance of people for the bad news stories.

Even sick people 7 out of 10 times aren't really looking forward to suicide murders. Yet here we are, we treat them like animals without going "why"
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no such thing as chemical imbalance. People have shitty lives. Shitty diets. Get soaked in cortisol and treated like shit. Get prescribed meds that stress their body more and their lives, diets, habits remain shitty. They lose their ability to cope or people don't believe them when they're really being abused, and they fucking snap.

No one corrects their diet. Or teaches them meditation. Or helps them get out of the abusive situation.
There absolutely are chemical imbalances. I have seen medications work wonders on people

I have had many people suicidal in the middle of psychotic break thank me weeks later after they were stabilized on medications for saving their life

Don’t attempt to expand your personal experience to the population at large. Not saying your experiences aren’t true, but they do not apply to everyone
Old 09-15-2021, 03:05 PM
Banned

Yea we're in the end of days. All seven seals were opened years ago.

How can you reach the new beginning without first reaching the end?

He that puts his heart on the world will be rewarded with earthly things.

He that puts his heart on the Lord will be rewarded with Heavenly things.
Last edited by Mesocyclone; 09-15-2021 at 03:08 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

I thought it turned out that artificial intelligence was better at being a doctor than doctors?

Whatever happened to that did we just cover that shit up or what?
Old 09-15-2021, 03:11 PM
Banned

AI doesn't make logical mistakes but if a mistake is in the code things will happen that would not happen with a human. You have to have perfect code. Don't recommend AI driving vehicles, unless they're on rails and move 5pmh at an amusement park.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought it turned out that artificial intelligence was better at being a doctor than doctors?

Whatever happened to that did we just cover that shit up or what?
A huge part of communication is non-verbal. For example, psychiatrists are looking at a person’s affect as well as the actual words they are speaking. I think it would be incredibly difficult to program an AI to understand human facial expressions/mannerisms, and whether these expressions and mannerisms are congruent or incongruent with their words
Old 09-15-2021, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok the guy in the second video is a well known high profile conservative, I recognized him immediately

He seems to be expressing (I believe, I just skimmed the vid) that psychiatric disorders are over-prescribed in America and the world, and this is very likely true. I can explain why:

It’s easier to get a more accurate diagnosis with a psychiatrist that has worked with a person long enough to know their baseline level of functioning, behavior, and communication. For example, a person may have poor communication skills (kids are a good example of this), and feel they need to say an extreme thing to be heard or understood, or even to express how they feel. So a kid who is merely upset might express this as “I wish I were dead, I want to kill myself!” to their doctor. Now a doctor just meeting that child might conclude this child is depressed and suicidal, and doesn’t realize that this particular kid says this any time they get upset. This is just an example to show the vulnerability of a questions-based assessment when you don’t know the person’s baseline behavior. Ideally, the person would eventually have a regular psychiatrist who would learn their behavior, or have that info coordinated by their case manager or counselor

We don’t yet have a way to test brain chemical levels with a scan, so we rely on the person answering questions. Do they have a personality to catastrophize things (make a mountain out of a molehill is the expression), and are not really depressed due to a chemical imbalance? Or they just poor at expressing how they feel with their words? Or are they lying on purpose for some other ulterior motive? These are the vulnerabilities of a question-based evaluation process

That’s the real reason for over-diagnosis, not some sinister plot
Brain chemicals theory which is right up there with gender studies is the least empirical way of diagnosing people.

Most psychiatrists diagnose and proscribe after like a single 30 minute session.

The VA psyches where hard to keep on the phone longer than 15 minutes. Had this happen with several of them.

Ironically the ones that double dip in substance abuse are far better listeners.

The fucking asshole psych that assessed me after I was committed spent all of five minutes saying I was dumb and rolled his eyes when I said. "I didn't feel safe around person XYZ". Later I got to spend more time with an overworked and overwhelmed psych in like 5 minute increments.

None of the nurses had 5 minutes to observe and chart patients. They were just fishing for referrals and who they could Haldol. And who could get shipped out to prison or another facility.

Anyway that's because our society is falling and the best we can do is triage people to some degree. However because of the power dynamics, and regulations, and rules lawyering very few good people are left in the field. Most just have it in for "psychos", "bumbs", "vagrants". Evull transients! Tranny prostitutes! And some are there because they are straight up sadists and someone in the situation where they are abused, suicidal, become unhinged become easy and vulnerable victims. Especially when it can take months to have a fair day in court. If you don't even lose it completely because you're incarcerated and given medication that makes you hallucinate.

Ever take a high dose of even melatonin? Ya about half of people experience a really bad version of an acid trip. Do that to someone stressing. Someone with PTSD. Someone who just attempted suicide.. yeah.. it's game over.
Last edited by starkind; 09-15-2021 at 03:25 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 03:18 PM
Banned

God is laughing his ass off at ya'll. I'm enjoying it too, thanks for the comedy. Theories about the mind hahaha.

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of the Living God."
Old 09-15-2021, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A huge part of communication is non-verbal. For example, psychiatrists are looking at a person’s affect as well as the actual words they are speaking. I think it would be incredibly difficult to program an AI to understand human facial expressions/mannerisms, and whether these expressions and mannerisms are congruent or incongruent with their words
So it's like forensic profiling, which isn't always accurate. That's a pretty bunk science.
Closed Thread