Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Aviak

Default Ice Bone Skeleton in Befallen

First of all, apologies if the Prefix is wrong. This is a pathing issue and the post here [ http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19 ] says that pathing falls under the "NPC Spawn Issue:" Prefix but doesn't mention the "Pathing" Prefix option. Not sure if that counts as a bug too, but figured I'd mention it here too.

Anyway, the real problem: in Befallen, an Ice Boned Skeleton [ http://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Boned_Skeleton ] seems to have spawned at the top of the steps just inside the Befallen zone line. I'm not sure if the spawn location itself is bugged or not, but a level 14 mob does seem a bit high for the very first mob you run into in a level 7 area (according to the wiki, first floor of Befallen is level 7 or so). If he's supposed to be there, that's fine, but whenever he is hit with the spell Spook the Dead [ http://wiki.project1999.com/Spook_the_Dead ] he runs through walls and up and down the floors in Befallen. Thankfully since he's undead, he doesn't pull any adds, but this is still frustrating since he's basically hiding behind walls whenever he's feared. Whenever he runs back from being feared, he seems to randomly be able to glitch through walls (2 times he was able to, 1 time he was not).

I'm not sure how much of this mob is working as intended, but I assume the running through walls isn't. Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Aviak

Gynok placeholder http://wiki.project1999.com/Gynok_Moltor. Spawns up top, paths down to third, paths back to ent. Been killed many times by the higher level mobs that spawn on this cycle. I try to make camp in one of the side rooms to avoid this danger.

I assume the bad fear pathing is a bug tho.
Caity Laughinghammer 54 Barbarian Shaman <Ra Imperial Guard> Torv
Last edited by gnatch; 08-26-2014 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: pathing
Old 08-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Befallen has lots of issues with regards to pathing in that most mobs will simply run through walls to get to you. They don't follow the paths and hallways like other zones.

The ice boned skeleton you're seeing is a placeholder I believe for Gynok Moltor. There are a number of higher level place holders that will spawn there including a ghoul, a mummy or Gynok himself who will whoop your ass far faster than the ice boned skeleton.

Basically, it was like this one live and is one of the quirks of an old world dungeon like this.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 08-27-2014, 12:14 AM
Sarnak

I was camping second level on my shaman with no problems until someone decided to kill the rat PH which spawned an ice bone = bye bye Befallen exp lol.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown