Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-05-2018, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything is possible. But Nilbog just posted in the RnF thread lamenting that they haven't had a patch for almost a year for his earthquake automation to be rolled out. That doesn't make it sound like there's active development behind the scenes, unless they're just waiting on Chardok 2.0 to be done.

I also haven't seen Haynar post in ages.
Uhhhh.... here was that post you are mentioning:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oic, sorry about that.

I've been in North Carolina this week helping with issues related to Hurricane Florence. Soo, I was not at home to notice the simulated respawn alert.

This system is supposed to be automated, but we haven't had a patch since last year. So to date, I've just rolled 2 datetimes in a local alert system.

Should be back within a couple weeks.
I see no lamenting just a statement of fact that upon next patch his earthquake system will have some improvements.

And lamenting means 'express regret or disappointment over something considered unsatisfactory, unreasonable, or unfair.' I didn't feel that come across at all.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

I dunno that is my reading between the lines. I'm sure he'd have wanted it patched sooner if possible since it would be less work for him. But I'd let him speak for himself once he is done being a hero in NC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2018, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

Sitting hate isn't fully correct in that post, there is one missing piece: An NPC in flee mode should return to smack someone if they sit down.

Oct 09 2001 at 5:42 PM
Quote:
Well I have seen a few mention that this mob , along with others , are hard to catch and finish bc of them being sowed. Heres a trick I have learned , it has worked with anything I have tried it with , when he starts running and you cant keep up for some reason just sit down , he will think you are an easy mark and come back for you . When he is in range stand back up and hit him , continue if needed til your able to keep up . Of course not always an option if you have to becareful with adds .
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...00266734142284
Old 10-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Aviak

That's how you killed mobs with ghoul root on live when in flee mode and you were rooted. You sat down. More dmg to you, but less chance of adds.

Sitting down while mob flees does absolutely nothing on p99.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elerial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's how you killed mobs with ghoul root on live when in flee mode and you were rooted. You sat down. More dmg to you, but less chance of adds.

Sitting down while mob flees does absolutely nothing on p99.
empty quotin' this for truth and justice and mom and apple pie!
Old 10-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sitting hate isn't fully correct in that post, there is one missing piece: An NPC in flee mode should return to smack someone if they sit down.

Oct 09 2001 at 5:42 PM

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...00266734142284
Should make a new thread for this otherwise it will just get overlooked more than likely.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should make a new thread for this otherwise it will just get overlooked more than likely.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=304581
Old 05-29-2020, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Hey Haynar, I know you merged a lot of these in already, but is this one in yet? I think it would really fix a lot of raid pulling / training cheese on P99. It seems like, according to Torven, you shouldn't be able to run two trains of allied-faction mobs past each other without them sharing their hate lists with each other (eg, separate wtov / ntov trains should share their hate lists when they run past each other):

Quote:
NPCs calling for help will cause them to social aggro on players even after they are already aggro on another player.

There is an issue on the emus where, for example, you can aggro an NPC, then drag it nearby another NPC on the same faction that is engaged with another player, and you will not get on the hate list of that second NPC. This is incorrect behavior. NPCs will share who they hate with each other even after entering combat.
Last edited by Dolalin; 05-29-2020 at 03:08 AM..