Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 08:24 PM
Large Bat

Default How hard will it be to get groups as a wizard?

Threat title basically. They look fun but I heard they're hated in groups, and I like grouping. I'm a bard right now and I already feel pretty hated lol.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

I have a wizard in my teens and I have had pretty good luck finding groups for the most part, but I am usually pretty active in bugging people to form groups. I have had a lot of fun with the class.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

I've found in everquest that any class need to /beg desperately to get into pretty much any group most of the time.

So it will be a lateral transition from your bard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2020, 03:43 AM
Kobold

Be persistent, lead groups/form up, /friend liberally, get shit going!
Old 06-07-2020, 05:50 AM
Kobold

We're in classic. Wizards are great. I have no problem with getting groups. Since my mid 20s, I got several tells asking me to fill in dps in a group. And I certainly do plenty of damage. The last two groups really celebrated me for my high damage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And you can port and evac. two wizards is a bit much and hard to play as a wiz, because of overnuking. But if you are the only one nuking, this isn't a problem.

Always keep a healthy mana buffer for evac and difficult situations (unfortunate pulls). Bursting one mob down and helping with the main target really keeps these things manageable for the healer. And consider interrupt stun spells to help with caster mobs, but be careful as they draw quite some aggro. Don't waste mana on easy pulls, keep sitting and stockpile mana for harder ones.

Wait for the tanks to build up aggro and don't nuke asap. Wait for 70-80%, then nuke once or even twice (depends on tank) and you won't get aggro.

Bad players are hated and so are bad wizards. Be a good Wizard, and people will want you in their group.

And another pro on wizard....if there is a group on the other side of the world. you can just port there and be there in 5min.
Last edited by Exard3k; 06-07-2020 at 06:12 AM..
Old 06-07-2020, 12:05 PM
Banned

90% of groups wont want a wizard
Old 06-10-2020, 09:32 AM
Kobold

My wiz is level 42, and I have no problem getting groups.

It helps to fly around to different zones and ask to join or be listed. I haven't had as much luck with /lfg until getting into CT level range.

If you can average a nuke per mob, you're pulling 20-30% damage for your group. That's great!

I will say getting groups is really dependant on your play times. If you are logging on around 9 pm and only playing to 11, you're going to struggle. If you can log in right before primetime, you will have the most success.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumpz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wiz is level 42, and I have no problem getting groups.

It helps to fly around to different zones and ask to join or be listed. I haven't had as much luck with /lfg until getting into CT level range.
41 Wiz here. For me it started late 20s when I got tells on a regular basis. And with people you grouped with before, things are even better. Getting 3-4 tells per evening while LFG (euro timezone) for paw, mm, ct. That is purely passive. If you start around using /who and be active, you'll always get your group or start one yourself.

With healing mobs, pbaoe casters,etc. later on...you want burst dmg,stuns and interrupts in your group. Wizard can do all that reliably in a short timeframe.
Last edited by Exard3k; 06-10-2020 at 09:55 AM..
Old 06-10-2020, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Just add anybody who bitches about your class/race to your ignore list.. Then be sure to repost your ignore list monthly to R&F, so I can update my ignore list..

Every class and race has it's ups and downs. Some greater than others.. But I know I enjoy seeing Erudite Paladin's, and Gnome clerics, and Wood Elf Warriors around Norrath!!
Old 06-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

You'll certainly be able to get groups as a Wizard, you'll just have to be more proactive than many other classes alot of the time.
Closed Thread