Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

yeah its tough to say.. there are many ways to level the playing field... However without killing the competition side of of the game there are not too many... Dragons never should have been rooted.....

At this point just put like a 50 person raid cap on all guild raids and let skill determine the outcome.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crazy that 56 riot wouldnt allow the 14 DB to get a golem in fear and yet renamed are the bad guys
Arent Detoxx and Dannyl the ones famously saying not to share with the casuls ever though? lol.

Dont get me wrong I dont think RNG is full of bad players, I just think they take this way too seriously. Hyper competitive for pixels for minimal upgrades in a 20 year old game. Honestly it just makes me think of that meme with the guy popping champagne and forcing a kiss on someone just to reveal the bronze medal in the last panel.

If the dragons were unrooted they'd probably do really well in NTOV. But alas, they are rooted, because the spirit of EQ is to actually delve into dragons lairs to slay them. Not pull them to the entrance with a few people doing all the work.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arent Detoxx and Dannyl the ones famously saying not to share with the casuls ever though? lol.

Dont get me wrong I dont think RNG is full of bad players, I just think they take this way too seriously. Hyper competitive for pixels for minimal upgrades in a 20 year old game. Honestly it just makes me think of that meme with the guy popping champagne and forcing a kiss on someone just to reveal the bronze medal in the last panel.

If the dragons were unrooted they'd probably do really well in NTOV. But alas, they are rooted, because the spirit of EQ is to actually delve into dragons lairs to slay them. Not pull them to the entrance with a few people doing all the work.
danny and detoxx are really just casual at this point and don't reflect much upon the guild ;p
Old 04-14-2020, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

whether they contribute much or not they're basically your poster boys lol
Old 04-14-2020, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearmind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point just put like a 50 person raid cap on all guild raids and let skill determine the outcome.
I don't care about rooted vs unrooted, but I would actually love to see some sort of cap on players who are allowed on an encounter log. Killing targets with low numbers is one of the most fun aspects of Everquest.

The reality is though that Everquest isn't a fair game, and no matter how hard you try the competition is always going to benefit someone.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideousclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id like to see that, but thats against Riots interests/is a detriment to them so I highly doubt that will ever see traction.
So Riot only acts in their own interests but get a pass, but if <RNGenamedGuild625> acts in its own interests, it's about not playing nicely with the rest of the server and being scum?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2020, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care about rooted vs unrooted, but I would actually love to see some sort of cap on players who are allowed on an encounter log. Killing targets with low numbers is one of the most fun aspects of Everquest.

The reality is though that Everquest isn't a fair game, and no matter how hard you try the competition is always going to benefit someone.
I agree.. put a 30 person cap on kunark and 60 on velious would be a cool scene. Or something to that extent.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearmind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree.. put a 30 person cap on kunark and 60 on velious would be a cool scene. Or something to that extent.
Yea I like that personally, but it kind of shits on the casual guilds like Kittens, or even AG to an extent. Also any newer players, or guilds would struggle to get started with limited gear versus people who have tons of gear already.

It's fun to dream about but it's not really a perfect solution, there is no perfect solution.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:37 PM
Fire Giant

If you stare at a screen for 18 hours to kill an enchanted ice golem for a 5% chance to get a mystical sword.... you have crippling real life problems.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you stare at a screen for 18 hours to kill an enchanted ice golem for a 5% chance to get a mystical sword.... you have crippling real life problems.
didnt you do that for while?
Closed Thread