Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 06:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro charm works best when mobs can be a dozen levels lower than you and still dark blue. Without tash it's a lot less reliable for necros before the 50s. Enchanters have it easier because mobs are effectively several levels lower for them than for necros due to MR.
You just made it click for me why charming Kaesora in the 30s seemed so much harder for me than HS in the 50s.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just made it click for me why charming Kaesora in the 30s seemed so much harder for me than HS in the 50s.
yup
Old 10-22-2020, 02:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've done a lot of charming on a necro, if you have EVERY SINGLE -mr item and don't overload the pet with tola robe and conflag dagger the necro charm is very reliable. Even on a higher dark blue (one that can summon you) it still was very reliable.

The main rules are like this

1) Always root the mob your pet is fighting.
2) Always have screaming terror ready with your pet targeted.
3) Always be ready to refresh GCD and FD if terror resists or the mob dotted your pet.
4) Always keep yourself high HP (90%+) and use excess mana to roll a leech-type dot on yourself incase of breaks (vexing mord etc)
5) Don't forget you have a basically resourceless heal over time for your pet and you can basically completely front load a mob with damage over time spells because charm pet agro (with augment death etc) is going to hold agro over you, even with splurt, vex, pyro, etc etc going all at once.

Overall though, you gotta be prepared and patient. Know the area you are charming, time the pathers, know the repop locations exactly and so on. The only thing that ever killed me was not being properly prepared and aware of my surroundings (even charming in the hard wings of HS and soloing/duoing crypt)

But overall, just be ready to be patient.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Charming the Lord in Guk and killing the King was fun back in the day.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Lots of good advice, so I'll add a bit. Delete necro, roll enchanter. Problem solved. :P
Old 11-11-2020, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwikt96 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3) Always be ready to refresh GCD and FD if terror resists or the mob dotted your pet.

What's the best GCD refresh clickie for necros? Is there anything analogous to Rod of Insidious Glamour?
Old 11-12-2020, 04:48 AM
Fire Giant

There's Words of Darkness. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't overwrite the higher-level lich spells. I can't remember if you can click it from inventory but I believe so.
Closed Thread