Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Banned

I recommend rolling a level 1, and pulling guild leaders to area's he is pulling from, while he's pulling. With a separate account a VPN and maybe your girlfriends computer for added invincibility.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Kobold

I wonder if I encountered the same player as OP as well. I simply zoned into Ogguk to bank (where my halfling is 'ally' thanks to BreadQuest) and as soon as person saw me I got (can't recall if a /tell, or an /ooc) a message indicating "I am camping guards BTW"... assuming I was encroaching on their camp.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Kobold

If you can't keep up with the respawn rate within a reasonable time frame, you shouldn't be claiming the mobs.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Pretty sure I've encountered this (selfish / unreasonable) person in Oggok as well. When I experienced this, the guards at the tower had all been fully spawned for 5+ minutes and the "camper" was nowhere in sight. I was on the last guard (of the five) when he elected to go ahead and poach it.

Please people, stand your ground with this Oggok fellow! If he's "camping the whole zone" and refusing to share, he better be able to stay on top of spawns. I'm going to run fraps if I ever run into him again (be forewarned, the tells he sends are just as egregious as the activity)
Old 01-14-2019, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tonight someone accused me of "stealing his camp" since I killed the first 5 guards in Grobb, they were just up sitting around.

I said he wasn't there when I arrived and assumed he had the ones near the bank. He said "I'm camping the entire zone and have them on a timer." I tried to explain that an entire zone isn't a camp but his feeling was if he was keepin up on spawns (which he wasn't ,but whatever) he could claim it.

I /tell'd him a type-out of the P99 Play Nice Policy and pointed him to # 8:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=132299

8. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

I ended up just leaving and playing another toon. Figured I'd ask for some feedback though in the event I just don't get it. That and I might point him here if we have another discussion on what is and is not a "camp".

I'm too damn old at this point to fight with people in video games. That said, EQ is all about righteous indignation and being "right" even if it means brooding about it later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

What say you?
I think you did the right thing in the end, just move on. I know it sucks, and you often walk away feeling like the bad guy won, which he did. But it's better than wasting your day arguing with the man child... I applaud your decision to just move on, won't be the last time you have to make that decision i'm sure. But know you made the right one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-14-2019, 05:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure I've encountered this (selfish / unreasonable) person in Oggok as well. When I experienced this, the guards at the tower had all been fully spawned for 5+ minutes and the "camper" was nowhere in sight. I was on the last guard (of the five) when he elected to go ahead and poach it.

Please people, stand your ground with this Oggok fellow! If he's "camping the whole zone" and refusing to share, he better be able to stay on top of spawns. I'm going to run fraps if I ever run into him again (be forewarned, the tells he sends are just as egregious as the activity)
Starting FRAPS should be the first thing any and everyone does before loading up P99.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he's "camping the whole zone" and refusing to share, he better be able to stay on top of spawns.
It doesn't matter whether he's staying on top of the spawns or not, he can't "camp the whole zone."

The server rules are clear: Oggok man-child (who has mysteriously avoided being named/shamed) can camp the whole zone until you show up. The moment you do, he gets to claim one spawn point. Maybe if there is a logical grouping of spawn points that are all close together and in line of sight, a GM might let him camp all of them.

But after he picks that one spawn/camp, you get to do the same, and then every other mob in the zone becomes free-for-all, and whoever agroes them first gets them. This has nothing whatsoever to do with how many mobs the guy was holding down before. In fact, if you're really lucky, he will race to greedily claim as many mobs as he can once the free-for-all starts ... and then get himself killed in the process.

Now of course if you're dealing with a normal/polite player who is keeping all the spawns down, the correct/nice thing to do is let them keep all those spawns and move on to somewhere else instead of you both getting half of what you want. But if someone is being a dick, you absolutely should feel free to use your knowledge of the rules to force them to share, and if they don't you absolutely should petition them (ideally with fraps, but even without them the staff have other ways to see how the both of you have been behaving).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread