Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

Same for me. very disappointing.

does anyone run in VMware, parallels, or any other virtual machine? how is that? rather not boot camp.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

I've been able to get the Mac to work by re-copying over a working v49 windows install into my wrapper. Is anyone else able to try this and see if it works for them too?

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 09-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tried to rename the dsetup file did not work. I was skeptical that just making a filename capital letters would change anything...and I was correct - it did not fix the problem. Perhaps the issue has been unresolved among MAC users who are using wineskin?
Have you tried to reinstall eq into a single file name directory? like C:/eqemu? per the setup guide?
was the onlybway it worked for me
Old 09-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensibo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in Scjanaski's position
Have you tried a clean installl to a single file directory per the eq install guide on p1999 wiki to install to C:/eqemu instead of C:Program Files?
Old 09-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been able to get the Mac to work by re-copying over a working v49 windows install into my wrapper. Is anyone else able to try this and see if it works for them too?
This is a gpod idea, install to a VM of windows amd copy the files to see? seems like this is mostly effecting mac and aome linux users
Old 09-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks Rogean for being willing to help troubleshoot! I appreciate all the developers do. I cannot begin to fathom the amount of effort you put into this.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,

While we don't typically support anything other than windows, I would be willing to possibly investigate the cause behind the patch affecting mac users. It's obviously something to do with our DLL Changes, which was significantly revamped since the last time it was distributed. This file contains a lot of API/Hooking to edit the client's memory space for classic and anti cheat reasons.

I'll need help from a few of you to test the reasons for the crash, including running debug versions of the DLL. If you are a tech savvy person and are willing to help, contact me on Discord.
Hi Roegan, would you consider rolling us back to the older version while the community works to troubleshoot?
Old 09-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a gpod idea, install to a VM of windows amd copy the files to see? seems like this is mostly effecting mac and aome linux users
Are you saying this out of experience having set up Everquest on a mac or are you just guessing? There's no such thing as a C directory in MAC its all created by Wineskin so I'm really not savy enough to know the mechanics of it. I can rename the C directory in wineskine to EQemu...
Old 09-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Aviak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfNbEUVweM

this is the video I originally used to install EQ on my mac. This is my only frame of reference on how this problem can be resolved...should I completely wipe the files I have and re-do step by step from this video but with new P49 files. Has anyone tried this and had success?
Old 09-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Banned

not looking forward to re-installing bootcamp but i have never successfully figured out the clean macOS wineskin p1999 install via that video i always assumed that 2013 video was outdated when i became a mac person in 2017

have been using Vile's install since 2017

been a good run but i shoulda had a bootcamp windows partition anyway
u get lazy when things work