Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see why people would be waiting en masse to roll iksar shams when Troll and Ogre are available.

Monk Necro absolutely tho
Extra AC? Dunno. When Kunark came out it was because New, Shiny!, and then later the leveling experience over there was so much easier with better designed zones.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Banned

iksars have big regen and arent gigantic, also AC does not work on eq emu so thats a non factor
Old 11-10-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Gnome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iksars have big regen and arent gigantic, also AC does not work on eq emu so thats a non factor
There is research all over this forum showing how ac does have an impact on here. You'll need more than random bullshit claims. Perhaps it doesn't work the same way it did in classic, but it isn't "a non factor" even for cloth casters.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

He might still be right for stock EQ-EMU, but P1999 has diverged so far from stock that it's effectively its own separate entity now. On P1999 armor has worked quite nicely since 2015.

Danth
Old 11-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Aviak

I've been on many EQEmu servers for 15 years now and I can definitely say that AC matters on Project1999. On other emu servers its all messed up, there is a huge difference here.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicknevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are farming Ghoulbanes now, so they're rolling Pally alts to twink. Not sure what is motivating the rangers.
Runed Oak Bows? It lets you mow down mobs right up to lvl 15. Eh, I don't know what will fill the gap past that, but yeah.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Runed Oak Bows? It lets you mow down mobs right up to lvl 15. Eh, I don't know what will fill the gap past that, but yeah.
confirmed. I am a lvl 18 ranger and dreaming of a runed oak bow. Hoping I get one soon to continue my cross Norrath mob hunt.

So far gotten the minotaur hero and both Karg and martar IceBear.
Ghoul messenger on my hit list but need a magic bow.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ghoul messenger on my hit list but need a magic bow.
Do you need a magic bow or can you just use magic arrows?
Old 11-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sure now that I mention this The devs will fix it but for some reason my non magic bow with non magic arrows has no trouble hitting magic creatures
Old 11-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

I could use magic arrows so a mage would be a great friend but fletching them currently too difficult and expensive. Can use either a magic bow or magic arrows, either work.

Also I've tested without magic and it does seem to hit for some reason even when it shouldn't but not very helpful as it only ever for 1pt of dmg max.
Closed Thread