Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Default Secret Regrets....

I wonder what are some peoples secret EQ regrets!! Stuff that haunts you now and then as you play.....

For example, did you borrow a FBSS and forget to ever give it back? Or did you see your pet bug out and train your raid, but kept quiet so no one knew?

Me? Well...one time I was in karana....and I saw a named centaur up! Luckily nearby was this low level ranger. I was so confident about rangers powers that I convinced him to fight the centaur with me (even though he kept telling me he wasn't strong enough!!). I just told him to use his bow and it would be easy, that he had to trust me!!!

Well, the fight began and I hadn't realized centaurs run almost as fast as sow! The ranger struggled to fight him with a bow, he was so brave.....but he was losing....he also didn't know how to outrun a sowed creature or do run and shoot so well (something I take for granted).

Anyhow, he ended up dying while I lived. I tried to send him tells that I would call in rescue gnomes to revive him....but he must have /q out....I never saw him again....

My secret shame!!! Elf murder by way of centaur!!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 08:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder what are some peoples secret EQ regrets!! Stuff that haunts you now and then as you play.....

For example, did you borrow a FBSS and forget to ever give it back? Or did you see your pet bug out and train your raid, but kept quiet so no one knew?

Me? Well...one time I was in karana....and I saw a named centaur up! Luckily nearby was this low level ranger. I was so confident about rangers powers that I convinced him to fight the centaur with me (even though he kept telling me he wasn't strong enough!!). I just told him to use his bow and it would be easy, that he had to trust me!!!

Well, the fight began and I hadn't realized centaurs run almost as fast as sow! The ranger struggled to fight him with a bow, he was so brave.....but he was losing....he also didn't know how to outrun a sowed creature or do run and shoot so well (something I take for granted).

Anyhow, he ended up dying while I lived. I tried to send him tells that I would call in rescue gnomes to revive him....but he must have /q out....I never saw him again....

My secret shame!!! Elf murder by way of centaur!!!!
FTE poor ranger sneaksy did you spread his ash from the highest points of kelethin?
Old 01-30-2017, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

I've posted this before but Mizo lent me his tash stick and I kept it

Otherwise clean whistle
Old 01-30-2017, 09:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One time on Red, my group and I were sitting inside the entrance of Upper Guk. An Ogre Shaman waltzes up to us that was in range of us (meaning we could kill him).

Our policy was to kill first and ask questions later - we discussed this previously.

We instantly engage and kill the Ogre. His 140+ stamina gone in the blink of an eye as all 6 of us opened up. The only thing that existed was spell particles still shining as his corpse lie down. Red Myst...

The body rotted there. We think they quit.
I remember my first bier.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Nothing regrettable on EQ, but on Shadowbane once I was on an alt and got ganked in a group by a higher level that had no business there. I hop on my thief and proceeded to sneak run behind this guy for over half an hour as he literally ran all the way across the continent. Once he sat down, I backstabbed and killed him with one hit. It wasn't until after that I realized it wasn't the guy that ganked me. Worth every second of it though for the story.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One time on Red, my group and I were sitting inside the entrance of Upper Guk. An Ogre Shaman waltzes up to us that was in range of us (meaning we could kill him).

Our policy was to kill first and ask questions later - we discussed this previously.

We instantly engage and kill the Ogre. His 140+ stamina gone in the blink of an eye as all 6 of us opened up. The only thing that existed was spell particles still shining as his corpse lie down. Red Myst...

The body rotted there. We think they quit.
fyi this is why no one plays there
Old 01-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

I once convinced a random shaman to duo with my monk in kaesora. They left there successful and productive MM group to join me. I logged my porter to pick them up, ran them to kaesora, they bound, I logged to switch to my monk.... And internet went down! Never saw them again to apologize. Felt bad for ruining their exp flow.

Edit: Also, back when I thought I had quit. Gave away a lot of gear to a friend, fungi, CoF, the like. Now that I'm back, he seems to have quit and I want my gear back haha.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Easy, and not a secret - My biggest regret is Beta Phase 4 EQ and shoving that needle in my arm all the way back when.

Had lotsa fun! Still playing and having some fun!... but holy Jesus fuck how much time have I sunk into this game over the past 18 years?!

It's that dirty little thing I can't stop doing. I can quit drinking, smoking, and drugs. Can't quit EQ permanently. Biggest. Regret. Evar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoc1
Offering a 10k bounty for Soeki's or Jigoku's suspension pm me logs of GM discussion and fraps link to collect

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 01-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Good thread. I've got one...

Back in EQLive (I was 17 or 18 at the time) I was soloing giant skellies or something in an outdoor zone on my necro. Can't remember which zone now (maybe a Karana, or a zone with a lake in it?). I had jboots so I would kite yellows and reds around (one at a time) around to PL myself. During a kite fight with one, I lost the mob and thought someone stole it. I backtracked and found the group I thought had stolen it. I don't know what came over me, but I completely overreacted. Instead of inquiring with a polite /tell, I trained something on them and FD. Peoples died. I immediately logged, feeling stupid and ashamed of what I'd just done.

Next time I log on, I get a /tell from my guild leader. "Did you train a group and get them killed?"

Yeah, the group got my license plate before I logged.

We were a small, tight knit guild of really nice people, so I'm sure my guild leader was baffled by the accusation. Which is probably why he bought my lie. I used the old "it was my little brother playing my account" excuse. I exchanged a few /tells with one of the victims to "apologize." He was very nice and cool about it.

Better late than never to come clean, I guess. Sorry everyone!
Old 01-30-2017, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Trazzle gave my EC mule a fashionable 2hb a while back and I think I sold it for 1600 plat the other day. NO REGERTS

Friends currently on EverQuest:
---------------------------------
There are no players in EverQuest that match those who filters.
Closed Thread