Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default Can you camp an entire zone? I said you can't, someone said he could

Tonight someone accused me of "stealing his camp" since I killed the first 5 guards in Grobb, they were just up sitting around.

I said he wasn't there when I arrived and assumed he had the ones near the bank. He said "I'm camping the entire zone and have them on a timer." I tried to explain that an entire zone isn't a camp but his feeling was if he was keepin up on spawns (which he wasn't ,but whatever) he could claim it.

I /tell'd him a type-out of the P99 Play Nice Policy and pointed him to # 8:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=132299

8. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

I ended up just leaving and playing another toon. Figured I'd ask for some feedback though in the event I just don't get it. That and I might point him here if we have another discussion on what is and is not a "camp".

I'm too damn old at this point to fight with people in video games. That said, EQ is all about righteous indignation and being "right" even if it means brooding about it later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

What say you?
Old 01-12-2019, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

if you cannot reason with someone then /ignore

pretty simple

also if he wasn't holding down the mobs then obviously he either didn't have the ability to hold down all the mobs or was afk. either way it's the same result

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Last edited by Mead; 01-12-2019 at 12:23 AM..
Old 01-12-2019, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Crushbone/Blackburrow is included in this among other zones that some people try to take advantage of. If you encounter any high levels rounding up orcs/gnolls and mass killing them its zone disruption... get a petition in <3
Old 01-12-2019, 12:34 AM
Aviak

Grobb/Oggok guards is contested and stressful with people waving their lawyer questing junk around. A good player can kill every guard except the high HP undercon ones or ones near bankers that are avoided. It's bad manners to come into a zone and start killing without asking for a camp check, try to communicate with him next time. Never know if he just inherited the camp and didn't have the timers or what.
Last edited by Hakubi; 01-12-2019 at 12:37 AM..
Old 01-12-2019, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grobb/Oggok guards is contested and stressful with people waving their lawyer questing junk around. A good player can kill every guard except the high HP undercon ones or ones near bankers that are avoided. It's bad manners to come into a zone and start killing without asking for a camp check, try to communicate with him next time. Never know if he just inherited the camp and didn't have the timers or what.
Or the person in there could share them like a decent human being.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:43 AM
Banned

uh the rule you quoted is about bards swarming

maybe join a group and play the good part of the game?
Old 01-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crushbone/Blackburrow is included in this among other zones that some people try to take advantage of. If you encounter any high levels rounding up orcs/gnolls and mass killing them its zone disruption... get a petition in <3
You mean after talking to them asking them to leave some up, then them refusing. Right?
Old 01-12-2019, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks. yea it's more the annoyance of the person just picking the ones he wants and saying "the zone is camped" without listing the ones that are open. .

When I camp the bank area in Grobb with my chanter (41) I'm killing every guard. When I did this with my ranger or pally I'd be a bit more specific as to what's open and what isn't. He was leaving a ton up.

Again, not going to lose sleep over it. Just figured I'd ask to make sure I understood. I hate being the asshole, self improvement is good, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh the rule you quoted is about bards swarming

maybe join a group and play the good part of the game?

Thanks for the clarification. Yea not always enough time and energy to group after a long week of work. If I always needed a mic in my ear I'd be playing Call of Duty or something.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-12-2019 at 01:11 AM..
Old 01-12-2019, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

You have the right to ask them to free a camp if people have multiple camps, at their choice... If they don't, you have the right to report them as OP rules mentioned... Now they have the right to camp a whole zone, until someone ask to concede some...
Old 01-12-2019, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have the right to ask them to free a camp if people have multiple camps, at their choice... If they don't, you have the right to report them as OP rules mentioned... Now they have the right to camp a whole zone, until someone ask to concede some...
Thanks. What I always assumed and went that path. Asked if he wanted the bank and he said he had it all. Well, after accusing me of camp theft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I didn’t do a CC check since only 2 were in the zone and 5 guards were up (for at least 10 mins). I did a quick invis run and didn’t see the player around and they were anon. Could have been an AFK lowbie.

As an aside it’s all very clear now. Thanks for the input to all. I’ve read the policy multiple times and will be more diplomatic and educated in the future.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-12-2019 at 01:46 AM..
Closed Thread