Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default Postpone Green launch?

Considering the amount of stuff that is being reported left and right, maybe it would be a wise idea to let Green Beta run for a month or even two (with weekly wipes or something), to fix all the little things that are popping?

As it is, Green is going to launch with a lot of stuff that only recently has been patched in and hardly tested at all. Green is going to be the first fully classic EQ launch in how many years? 10+ for sure. Maybe such an event deserves a little more beta testing to make sure it is perfect?

Also this would maybe allow the reverse engineering wizards of P99 to finish adding stuff to the client such as blindness, etc. Not to mention give some time to the Dolalin-Daldaen duo to find 50 more classic nerfs that should be implemented.

Serious idea, not a troll!
Old 10-13-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

If you click the donate button then the devs can buy more energy drinks so they can work faster. Have faith.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

A lot of the stuff being reported is really small stuff so far (guild notes for example) and should easily be fixed in time.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

me sure nilborg and seth rogan get problem fix gud
Old 10-13-2019, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Of course it would be a good idea, and I'd imagine R&N wish they magically had another quarter to get things done. But they promised the world, and everyone is relying on that promise now.

Honestly, I think it'd be better for them to keep that promise and release on time, and then just fix a few bugs later (that's classically what Verant did, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

The sad part to me are the larger issues, which likely won't get fixed at all on Green (1.0). For instance:
  • Infected Paw instead of Splitpaw at launch
  • Paineel not existing initially (key NPCs are in Toxx instead; NOTE: Nilbog said this one might happen, if they have time)
  • Necros/Shaman (both PCs and NPCs) having charm

I'm afraid we may well have to wait for Green 2.0 to actually see "true" classic EQ ... but even so I don't think perfect should be the enemy of good, and I don't think 1.0 should be delayed.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-13-2019 at 12:34 PM..
Old 10-13-2019, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

No one on this thread has the information or insight required to make this decision. We don't know how difficult these bugs are to resolve or know how much developer time they have to work on them.
Last edited by dekova; 10-13-2019 at 12:28 PM..
Old 10-13-2019, 12:25 PM
Banned

1st impression is BetteR deN reD beTa
Old 10-13-2019, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course it would be a good idea, and I'd imagine R&N wish they magically had another quarter to get things done. But they promised the world, and everyone is relying on that promise now.

Honestly, I think it'd be better for them to keep that promise and release on time, and then just fix a few bugs later (that's classically what Verant did, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

The sad part to me are the larger issues, which likely won't come get fixed at all on Green (1.0). For instance:
  • Infected Paw instead of Splitpaw at launch
  • Paineel not existing initially (key NPCs are in Toxx instead)
  • Necros/Shaman (both PCs and NPCs) having charm

I'm afraid we may well have to wait for Green 2.0 to actually see "true" classic EQ ... but even so I don't think perfect should be the enemy of the good, and I don't think 1.0 should be delayed.
Or if red99 gets the greentreatment a bit after this launch, they will be in for that.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sad part to me are the larger issues, which likely won't come get fixed at all on Green (1.0). For instance:
  • Paineel not existing initially (key NPCs are in Toxx instead)
Paineel isn't in, at least, the Necro I made on beta spawned in Erudin and I walked out to the Necromancer hut in Toxx and it was filled with a Necro guild.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

So far beta really good I hope they do what's right with release date whatever that is. People are planning days off now so best not to screw with that.

I had a great night questing. Different level strats with that 10x modifier.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread