Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact of the matter is they actually DID! 5ats what’s so hilarious to me.
They brought the mob from 100% to 0%. This is fact. This is logic.
Please, change my mind. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're looking at a single encounter in a vacuum if you take this point of view. Sure, for pickup groups/raids that works really well and it's the reason that /random is used for things like HoT or Fungi camp. This doesn't work for guilds which kill over time. The guild I am in has killed/attempted 200 raid targets in the last 30 days. That's 7 per day on average. The only way you are going to achieve any system of fairness that rewards people for the time they put in when killing that many mobs is with a currency like DKP. Remember, things like tracking, racing, RTE, etc. are all areas in which people put time in to kill mobs. Showing up and killing a mob is by far the easiest and least time intensive part of raiding. This is EQ after all and 90%+ of a raid just needs to stand there and press a button or two.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk why guilds factor in other raids I guess is what I’m saying.

If you show up and participate and help bring a mob down idk why you can’t roll on that mobs loot. Instead we get inspector gadget and rocket science operator and start factoring in all the raids you’ve ever attended with all the loot you’ve already gotten and it makes no sense to me. Seems overly complex for a game that is sopposed to be fun.
Because there would be no incentive to show up to mobs that don't benefit you. Basically I'd just log on for Vulak which isn't very helpful for my guild.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because there would be no incentive to show up to mobs that don't benefit you. Basically I'd just log on for Vulak which isn't very helpful for my guild.
No incentive? What about fun? Fun in a video game, is that an odd notion? Why is that not incentive enough? It's incentive enough for me to keep playing my Shadow Knight in the stuff I do even though I've obtained exactly one new item on it the past three years.

...It's almost like raiding isn't much fun to most people and games sticking the shiniest carrots in the worst part of the game is damned near sadistic game design.

Danth
Old 01-28-2021, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No incentive? What about fun? Fun in a video game, is that an odd notion? Why is that not incentive enough? It's incentive enough for me to keep playing my Shadow Knight in the stuff I do even though I've obtained exactly one new item on it the past three years.

...It's almost like raiding isn't much fun to most people and games sticking the shiniest carrots in the worst part of the game is damned near sadistic game design.

Danth
Raiding is fun under the right paradigm
Old 01-28-2021, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
We all have our own ideas on what is fun. You are not special.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Biggest reason to not allow randoms:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Vyemm's...ed_from_http=1
Old 01-28-2021, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

The fact some of you have raided so much you have nothing else to raid on P99 is fucking cray ya'll. That's fuckin cray.. 5 years i been here.. I've seen Fear once, Hate twice. And that dragon in Seb once.. And plane of air way too much cause- Blackheart pirates..
Old 01-28-2021, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact some of you have raided so much you have nothing else to raid on P99 is fucking cray ya'll. That's fuckin cray.. 5 years i been here.. I've seen Fear once, Hate twice. And that dragon in Seb once.. And plane of air way too much cause- Blackheart pirates..
Like you only need to raid 1 dragon cause you have beat the rest of P99?! What... the... fuuuuuuuug....
Old 01-28-2021, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate and ring war is where I reliably get back any lost XP from dying on other raids.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

because someone could be in the guild a year and be your top raider and try to get an epic or piece they want, and then a mob pops someone logs on that hasn't logged on in 6 months or one that just joined and wins the random its a slap in the face of your main tank or main cleric or people that have been there awhile thats why the /random situation is shit verus dkp do not @ me

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Closed Thread