Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

The problem with plat is now everyone either needs a fair shake at camps or the few plat farmers in the game always get the loot they want while everyone else has to find a way to make money to afford loot. Plat, while not a finite resource, is a resource that is easily gained in some locations of the game world versus others. There are people with millions of plat in this game who have purchased all sorts of droppable raid gear while there are other people who are also in best-in-slot items (that aren't droppable) that have 5k or less to their name. Imagine what happens if all of those people want to outfit another character? Well, they'd go farm cash camps. Solo, because they can. Honestly, that already happens, but this would just amplify it's necessity.

The DKP system simply relies on an equalized fiat currency that can be adjusted (or not adjusted) for inflation per however the guild or entity you are in decides to manage it. Sure, it's worthless in the next guild/entity you decide to join, but that's the risk you take.

So, farm cash over time to pay for droppable raid loot to get near BIS or BIS items, or join a guild and get them for time spent raiding.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:26 AM
Kobold

Pretty sure if you started seeing more Plat bid raids like you have gbids in WoW you'd see more RMT happening. Pay $20 for Vulak loot or wait in a zerg guild for 2 years to get it?

I do like the loot prio sheet idea, but nobody is going to abandon their piles of DKP. Sorry dude, DKP is here till they shut the servers down :P
Old 01-31-2021, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

The real problem is that raiding sucks for 99% of everyone involved except those few that actually get decent loot. The main groups handling the actual fighting an pulling are the only ones doing anything. Everyone else sits around with their thumb in their azz, till its burn the main mob down in 2 mins. That's why they have DKP, so people get SOMETHING, exp gains usually suck or you lose exp. You show up for a raid, waste 2-9 hours of your life an lose exp in the process. Ya awesome experience, I sat in a corner looking at a wall for 9 hours casting buffs, or heals, mod rods. I ran up to the dragon an was dragon feared for 3 min non-stop while everyone else killed the dragon. I was busy getting 6 rezs a row an didn't even get a spell or hit in because my one resist stat sucks. Got 0 loot an lost 20% exp from my level despite all the rezzing. We spent 4 hours breaking into Fear and an earth quake hit.
That is the real raid experience, just about every raid I've been on sucked hairy, sweaty, vinegary goat ballz sack. The best times, single high level groups in high level dungeons. They want to custom the server do something about the shittiness we all know too well. Why the fuck not?
Of course if we don't keep loot rare the nerds might not covet it enough to masturbate to it. DKP because epic raids suck epically.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

You shouldn't lose exp. Ya'll are just recklessly chasing loot above your pay grade and fighting each other for it instead of the mobs.

Consider red.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

I am not sure why people seem to think DKP systems do not encourage players to show up to raid targets that do not offer loot they can use. DKP systems are great at encouraging players to show up. The reason is simple: You get DKP for the kill/attempt. More DKP = a better chance at winning the items you want later on. If you only show up for a few targets in a DKP system, you will be waiting a long time to get the items off of those targets, unless they are very cheap.

/random is simply too unfair for the players who put in the most work in a guild. The reality is a guild's success is mostly based on the hardcore players, not the casuals. I am not saying casuals are not vital to the raiding process, but they are the more passive aspect of the guild. The active, hardcore aspects are the raid leaders, FTE foot racers, COTHers, expert warriors, etc. You wouldn't be able to get any high priority targets without these people, and hardcore players want to be rewarded for their effort. DKP systems are the best at doing that, which is why all of the top guilds use it.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

The reason why it takes months to get an item is because Everquest is a game based on good items being hard to get. Seven day respawn timers by themselves mean you will not get more than 100 drops of a specific item per year. It is usually way less than this, due to the randomized drop tables.

That is one of the main reasons people play p99 in my opinion. If you want to be able to create a BiS character in short period of time, basically every major MMO out there caters to that playstyle. P99 is one of the few MMOs out there that still has real item rarity.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real problem is that raiding sucks for 99% of everyone involved except those few that actually get decent loot. The main groups handling the actual fighting an pulling are the only ones doing anything. Everyone else sits around with their thumb in their azz, till its burn the main mob down in 2 mins. That's why they have DKP, so people get SOMETHING, exp gains usually suck or you lose exp. You show up for a raid, waste 2-9 hours of your life an lose exp in the process. Ya awesome experience, I sat in a corner looking at a wall for 9 hours casting buffs, or heals, mod rods. I ran up to the dragon an was dragon feared for 3 min non-stop while everyone else killed the dragon. I was busy getting 6 rezs a row an didn't even get a spell or hit in because my one resist stat sucks. Got 0 loot an lost 20% exp from my level despite all the rezzing. We spent 4 hours breaking into Fear and an earth quake hit.
That is the real raid experience, just about every raid I've been on sucked hairy, sweaty, vinegary goat ballz sack. The best times, single high level groups in high level dungeons. They want to custom the server do something about the shittiness we all know too well. Why the fuck not?
Of course if we don't keep loot rare the nerds might not covet it enough to masturbate to it. DKP because epic raids suck epically.
Spoken like a true casual. The meta evolves significantly, and all the moving parts required for a proper Vulak kill right now have become so complex that it really makes your statement look silly.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:00 PM
Kobold

Also, what Littul said about RMTing in a GDKP setting is 100% true, and you need look no further than Classic WoW.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyyoukickmydog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spoken like a true casual. The meta evolves significantly, and all the moving parts required for a proper Vulak kill right now have become so complex that it really makes your statement look silly.
Imagine belittling someone because they described their general raid experience in a way that somehow denigrated your perception of the evolved raid meta for a specific raid target. You even called him a peasant and an idiot to boot. I think the evolved meta might be insecurity, not zerging Vaginanak.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:20 PM
Aviak

To: blackbellamy I think you also are the npc poster. so you can look like you have the backing of someone else on this completely irresponsible way of looking at raiding. if you don't know shit about something you will fail a lot. if you don't learn, you will fail a lot. in your statement you said that the whyyoukickmydog called a person a peasant and idiot. which they completely did not. what they did was say. "This game requires actual involvement in learning its mechanisms to be successful for raiding and getting loot with more than 6 people"

NOw to BlackBellamy :: I am calling you an idiot. and a peasant. but I would never raid your vaganything cuz it's lazy like you.....

Klazdaxthun
Closed Thread