Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Third'ed on Shaman + Necro power. Necro Heal-over-time keeps you topped up on Canni Fuel, and Shaman regen keeps them topped up on lich fuel. Dots plus pets plus fear in open areas or slow in closed areas is the general strategy. Toss in a JBB for additional nuke damage if you're spicy.
With a shaman for backup that necro will be an absolute machine charming undead.

Start in Kaesora at 34 w/ Beguile Undead and you'll never cast fear again.

I suppose you could do some snare / fear / root stuff in Paw or CT for the sweet ZEM...but once you get to CoM, KC, and HS I just don't see anything but charming undead as the META.

You can make a dungeon powerhouse trio adding enc, monk, or bard.
Last edited by Toxigen; 04-09-2021 at 07:06 AM..
Old 04-11-2021, 01:39 PM
Banned

I would never argue that Shaman is better at solo'ing than Necros, but I leveled a Shaman to 50 on Green before Kunark came out and one of the necromancer friends I had who closely observed me re-rolled Shaman because he realized I can solo a lot of the same stuff he can, but I can also join a group and heal... it's like you get the best of both worlds...

now this was pre-fungi tunic, pre-torpor etc, so shamans weren't as powerful

i noticed some major differences from a shaman's perspective though
my necromancer friend at level 50 could go into Sol B or Guk and solo just about anything

my Shaman could not do this... at 50 you dont have enough mana to cast your level 49 DoTs a bunch of times, and your pet doesnt stand up to mobs... no lull, no FD etc. made it harder to deal with camps that had a lot of mobs.

but for leveling, and for farming guards for plat and stuff like that, Shaman was good enough to be optimal, and I still got a ton of invites for groups considering Shamans have slows, heals, buffs etc.
having that option to start or join a group at any time is really nice, because playing a game like EQ alone 24/7 gets super tiresome... Necro just feels weird to me too... like they feel so non gear dependent that getting upgrades doesn't feel as meaningful or rewarding as it does on other classes, lol
Last edited by RecondoJoe; 04-11-2021 at 01:46 PM..
Old 04-17-2021, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
In Velious with some raid gear a shaman can solo a Gwurm.
I'd love to see a video of this. Otherwise FAKE NEWS =)
Old 04-18-2021, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to see a video of this. Otherwise FAKE NEWS =)
Probably similar to:

-Mcoy
Old 04-19-2021, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Shamwowi show us a video of you soloing Gwurms please.

Thanks mate!
Old 04-19-2021, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamwowi show us a video of you soloing Gwurms please.

Thanks mate!
Lol that does sound like fun. I haven't attempted it yet, but I can do some test battles when I get some free time. I have heard of Shamans doing it before, but I haven't seen it happen.

EDIT: Wiki says they summon. I haven't done GWurms with a group in years, but I believe it. If that is the case, you couldn't do the strategy with the Ice Burrowers. That only works because Ice Burrowers do not summon. However, GWurms do not have the nasty high damage and dispel proc that Ice Burrowers do, so face tanking them may be doable. GWurms are also lower level than Ice Burrowers, so spells should be easier to land on them.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-19-2021 at 12:49 PM..
Old 04-20-2021, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol that does sound like fun. I haven't attempted it yet, but I can do some test battles when I get some free time. I have heard of Shamans doing it before, but I haven't seen it happen.

EDIT: Wiki says they summon. I haven't done GWurms with a group in years, but I believe it. If that is the case, you couldn't do the strategy with the Ice Burrowers. That only works because Ice Burrowers do not summon. However, GWurms do not have the nasty high damage and dispel proc that Ice Burrowers do, so face tanking them may be doable. GWurms are also lower level than Ice Burrowers, so spells should be easier to land on them.
This considered, should be similar to cliff golems then? Your video on that was pretty thorough.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

shamans can solo most stuff as long as you have like 45 minutes to 3 hours to kill it
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-20-2021, 10:45 AM
Banned

Shamans have to click a lot more buttons, if that matters to you.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This considered, should be similar to cliff golems then? Your video on that was pretty thorough.
Kind of a rough comparison since guardian wurms do at least twice as much dps as a cliff golem.

The thing with shamans is that there's a certain amount of DPS that you can take that allows you to sustain the fight essentially forever, but once you go above that threshold then you won't be able to keep up anymore with Torpor.

On live I don't think I was able to solo guardian wurms until PoP. I doubt a shaman could solo one on P99 but with all the gear some people have on Blue... maybe?
Last edited by Byrjun; 04-20-2021 at 10:56 AM..
Closed Thread