Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 07:46 PM
Kobold

gnome wall vision is the best racial ability in the game

now offering e-tours at our toilet factory!!!!!!! https://snakefangworld.netlify.app/
Old 04-20-2021, 07:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I actually decided to reroll to a gnome enchanter. Figured there would be no real downside since I can just basically turn into any race and I'm given an extra thing to add to my arsenal (tinkering). What enchanter isn't almost always being an air elemental anyway, right? hehe

However I am facing a dilemma, namely factions. I came to realize that I'm so used to playing evil characters, and things like Rivervale guards and Longsword sisters were always a quick and easy source of cash. But something like that won't really be available to me as an agnostic goodly enchanter. Technically I could kill them but it just wouldn't feel right, hehe. So I will probably have to find another source of reliable cash later on. But this is certainly a different game this time around, walking on eggshells with my factions as opposed to casting them to the winds. xD
kill all the fat gnome wannabes

now offering e-tours at our toilet factory!!!!!!! https://snakefangworld.netlify.app/
Old 04-20-2021, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think it’s been mentioned in this thread yet, but gnomes also have a HUGE perk of being able to see through walls when you run up to them. My enchanter is a DE but when I’m in a dungeon I usually pick gnome illusion for that critical benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahgrams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gnome wall vision is the best racial ability in the game
Very true, it almost feels like cheating, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahgrams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kill all the fat gnome wannabes
I cannot do that as anything but an evil character. They are my fellow short brothers and sisters, my allies back on VZ live back in the day...we must stand together. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2021, 08:17 PM
Banned

I find myself most often using troll for the extra bit of regen. Unlike Necros and Druids enchanters have no way to get health back and losing health will be the thing that stops you in your tracks far worse than mana. It takes much longer to get all your health back as it does all your mana. Runes are a decent cushion but start getting costly (15pp a stack for me at my lev and getting worse) and like I mentioned in a previous post, it’s possible to still be bashed through a rune and by the time the stun fades the rune is probably going to be gone. Still gotta use them a lot tho, especially when dungeon crawling
Old 04-20-2021, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find myself most often using troll for the extra bit of regen. Unlike Necros and Druids enchanters have no way to get health back and losing health will be the thing that stops you in your tracks far worse than mana. It takes much longer to get all your health back as it does all your mana. Runes are a decent cushion but start getting costly (15pp a stack for me at my lev and getting worse) and like I mentioned in a previous post, it’s possible to still be bashed through a rune and by the time the stun fades the rune is probably going to be gone. Still gotta use them a lot tho, especially when dungeon crawling
Oh yeah, I see lots of enchanters in troll form for that reason. I used to think when I mained a troll shaman back in the day, those enchanters killing Grobb guards were just mocking the trolls by being in that form but I came to find out there's a legitimate reason for it. xD

But yep when I did play the wizard I wasn't against spending plat where necessary on the shieldskin buff, figure it'll be the same thing with the runes. Just need to secure a source of plat for that sort of thing if I find I'm not keeping up. I was planning on looking at Paineel guards. No faction hits, I can charm the dude to give me a key, and I can Alliance + Erudite illusion to be able to sell the swords/shields back to them.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yeah, I see lots of enchanters in troll form for that reason. I used to think when I mained a troll shaman back in the day, those enchanters killing Grobb guards were just mocking the trolls by being in that form but I came to find out there's a legitimate reason for it. xD

But yep when I did play the wizard I wasn't against spending plat where necessary on the shieldskin buff, figure it'll be the same thing with the runes. Just need to secure a source of plat for that sort of thing if I find I'm not keeping up. I was planning on looking at Paineel guards. No faction hits, I can charm the dude to give me a key, and I can Alliance + Erudite illusion to be able to sell the swords/shields back to them.
On green you will find most good money camps are camped 24/7. I’ve checked good money spots before at 4-5am (I have bad insomnia sometimes), and there will be 1-2 druids quadding the mobs even then. It’s absolutely ridiculous on Green how camped (usually by high levels) everything is. I personally think there needs to be another ban-wave for RMT because I don’t doubt some people are funneling their plat into $$. The sites certainly seem to be thriving
Old 04-20-2021, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On green you will find most good money camps are camped 24/7. I’ve checked good money spots before at 4-5am (I have bad insomnia sometimes), and there will be 1-2 druids quadding the mobs even then. It’s absolutely ridiculous on Green how camped (usually by high levels) everything is. I personally think there needs to be another ban-wave for RMT because I don’t doubt some people are funneling their plat into $$. The sites certainly seem to be thriving
Man, that RMT forum has more activity than this forum. How sad.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I usually get my shot with the Rivervale guards very late at night (like midnight and later). I'm a night owl with no life, rofl. It's how I ended up finally getting my Shiny Robe of the Underfoot.

I'm also hoping that the impracticality for most folks to utilize Paineel to its full potential (as we don't have the Warrens yet) will also give me a better shot with those particular guards.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:52 AM
Sarnak

Just power through. As somebody above said, learn one thing at a time.

I used the qeynos water trick when it was active to get to 12, ducking into the sewers at night to get my INT earrings, then moved to wisps in NK to learn to gauge the strength of my animation pet in fights.

Lavastorm by Najena ZL was good to start getting my feet wet on charming at 16ish, and I did some Upper Guk groups as well to learn charm-pet tactics in groups.

Then around 20 I graduated to Oasis Crocs to learn reverse charming and got it down pretty good. I'd highly recommend that spot to cut your teeth since crocs don't aggro and you have plenty of space to move around.

Chanter is only 22 now, so not exactly an expert here, but that was just my experience.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:02 AM
Planar Protector

Apparently there is a decent mob to charm in OOT to kill the level 19 gargoyles. Then the 24 pet can basically solo them, especially if you give him a set of ruined leather and a good weapon. It’s not a guarantee, keeping it buffed and throwing in a berserker strength occasionally stacks the odds.

Memblur then nuke the gargoyle at low hp if you want full xp.
Closed Thread