Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skated a quarter pipe for the first time today. Didn't get the drop in yet, but I rolled up the ramp, then back fakie, then reverted to normal. (did that like 30 times)

Anyone else stoked on that ?
NICE!

also it made me think of this tho

https://youtu.be/qlGVUcc3XJk
Old 05-13-2021, 04:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh man i've never had the chance to ride an electric skateboard!!!!!!
They're fun as hell but also pretty dangerous. Really easy to ride faster than your skill level should allow. And there are some really gnarly builds out there, especially DIY. I've seen boards with 50 mile ranges and top speeds of 40mph. Fucking gnarly. I'm happy cruising at 15-20mph and getting nice deep carves.

This guy here is nuts - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u23...nel=Esk8Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real talk. I'm a 36 year old guy, I definitely don't snap back together the same as when I was 20. Generally when I'm cruising down sidewalks and walking paths I don't wear a helmet. But as I'm starting to skate ramps, I'm for sure going to. Not trying to be a vegetable here.
I feel you there. I'm too old to be fucking my shit up now and some injuries never heal. Im hoping to be that old dude still shredding down the hill or around the park, and that means preventive care now. I wear full gear whenever i'm doing anything mildly dangerous. Helmet, wrist guards, knee pads/gaskets, eblow, and even padded shorts when i'm in the park. Knee pads and knowing how to knee slide is a must. For eskating I even have a set of kevlar lined padded jeans and a jacket that have saved my skin more than once.

I also recommend a set of these - https://www.acebrand.com/3M/en_US/ac...3786499&rt=rud.

I started wearing them a few years ago for skiing and they've been a godsend. Everyone I convince to wear them says the same thing. Protect your knees, or you'll be sorry you didn't.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

If you are going to start going hard in vert, I would start rocking some solid knee and elbow pads. You can learn to bail out of stuff onto them, and it will really save your body some abuse. That shit is fun though.
Closed Thread