Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're talking about the pulling mechanics and how they now there big guy. It completely shuts out casual raiders who couldn't crawl to bosses and kill them before, so how will they now with pulling dragons being harder?

Some of the closer ones aren't that hard to pull to entrance but for most now you either have to CoTH to their location to kill them with a challenging pull or crawl through hours upon hours of time consuming easy trash that puts everyone to sleep while not making the dragon pull any easier.

Say the rules were changed that you have to clear to dragons, what do you think will happen? The casuals will suddenly have way more time on their hands to clear to dragons? And then still pull off hard pulls when they get there? Because alotta big dragons come with little adds, most pulls are still challenging even once you clear to the dragons. Clearing trash does not make most of these pulls any easier. Some Pulls come with 3 big dragons or two big dragons (see twins and trips). You still have to split properly with coordination and knowledge of mechanics, that's not going away no matter how many trash you clear.

How is killing trash right now more of a challenge than pulling some of these dragons?

Serious question: Have you ever step foot inside ToV?

So you're saying that clearing to dragons as it was "designed" is a challenge not only because of the big dragon you fight in the end but also the hours upon hours of time wasted killing little whelps. The challenge here being the ungodly amount of hours spent sitting in front of the screen? Where is the challenge in that? Really curious, you think the top guilds will lose to casual guilds when the challenge is "Lets see who can clear this trash faster?" I'm convinced now you're just a troll TBH.

Making raids harder isn't going to make guilds cooperate. (See: Last week where dragons were up for a huge amount of hours and no CSG was in sight attempting to clear trash).

So let me get this straight, if a raid mob takes more than 10 minutes to engage and kill, say an hour, this means that CSG will have a better chance to get more raid mobs? Clearing trash to a mob will require way more work/time from a CSG than A/A. And we're talking about both types using the same exact strats. Repeat: You still have to split properly with coordination and knowledge of mechanics, that's not going away no matter how many trash you clear.

I can't believe I fell for this troll for such a long time, I blame myself.
You disagree with me, so I must be a troll.

Obviously the grip of pixels has consumed you. It has destroyed your ability to reason and grasp the concept that sometimes other people just don't agree with one another.

It's clear you are on that side, and I am on this side. I have no problem with disagreeing with you, and accepting that we have diametrical points of view regarding raiding here.

You love the raiding here and find the racing/kiting/training mobs to zonelines/clicking endless clickies of heals/DA/etc. making the fights as easy as possible exhilarating and exciting while I find it cheap/pathetic/sad/redundant/unfulfilling.

To each their own.

I just would like to see major changes dropped on the raid scene here that created a better balance of raiding for all those who would like to raid.

Seeing that diplomacy is impossible with regards to the top end raid mobs, and they pose very little challenge to said guilds I feel like the degree of difficulty should be increased so the farming is more challenging and time consuming.

If the focus was on the raid battles, and not so much who batphones the fastest and who socks the longest, I think that would be an improvement and bottleneck the mobs a bit more allowing more guilds to get involved in the raid scene.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You disagree with me, so I must be a troll.
No, you misunderstand, you are troll because you are clearly looking to get a rise from people that actually do raid and it's difficulty to see why you would take the stance that you do seeing as that stance/view point/fix hurts casual raiders such as yourself. To reiterate, your proposed changes are counter intuitive and only serve to help these "hardcore neckbeards", that you so solemnly hate, get more than they already do. Why shoot yourself in the foot? Oh, to get a rise out of the "hardcore neckbeards".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You love the raiding here and find the racing/kiting/training mobs to zonelines/clicking endless clickies of heals/DA/etc. making the fights as easy as possible exhilarating and exciting while I find it cheap/pathetic/sad/redundant/unfulfilling.
I think you're again forgetting that these same things are used by every single player/guild that exist on the server and is the most unclassic thing to ever be spewed on these forums, completely and totally dismantling what it is to play Everquest.

Quote:

I just would like to see major changes dropped on the raid scene here that created a better balance of raiding for all those who would like to raid.

Seeing that diplomacy is impossible with regards to the top end raid mobs, and they pose very little challenge to said guilds I feel like the degree of difficulty should be increased so the farming is more challenging and time consuming.

If the focus was on the raid battles, and not so much who batphones the fastest and who socks the longest, I think that would be an improvement and bottleneck the mobs a bit more allowing more guilds to get involved in the raid scene.
Everyone would love raid changes, you think A/A likes to sit on the line, batphone, and log in at random times? No, they do not, but that is the name of the game and they are guilds devoted to contesting high end mobs with whatever the raid rules are, so they do it. They just don't go on the forums complaining about "GIMMIE FREE LOOTS BECAUSE WE EXIST, REMOVE CLICKIES AND BEND THE GAME TO MY WILL". They'll do what it takes with the rules that are in place.

Quote:
bottleneck the mobs a bit more allowing more guilds to get involved in the raid scene
This is the exact reason I think that you are a legitimate troll. The amount of contradiction in that statement is unreal. You don't create bottlenecks to try to get other guilds in the raid scene, you remove bottlenecks so it's easier for them to get involved. It's clear that you don't even attempt to follow logic or any kind of real discussion at all so I'll take my leave, sorry for your loss.
Last edited by Sancta; 02-20-2017 at 10:45 PM..
Closed Thread